News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow, just wow...

Started by chargd72, December 05, 2012, 11:50:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargd72

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

rt green

yeh, some people got it pretty rough. wonder if he can afford health care
third string oil changer

bakerhillpins

Saw this episode on Velocity TV.  Interesting room and yes pricy. Not sure I would have spent the money the same way but it is his to spend. Some folks have been fortunate, really fortunate. I envy them in some respects but not in others.  :Twocents:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

JB400

Why would a guy even bother to have a pair of ladies shoes made to resemble a car? :shruggy:  Is he looking for a way to screw a car :shruggy:

Nice collection by the way.  I didn't see a charger in there though.  His loss

Indygenerallee

QuoteWhy would a guy even bother to have a pair of ladies shoes made to resemble a car?   Is he looking for a way to screw a car
Maybe he likes to play dress up and drive his Bugatti!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Fred

OMG!  In my dreams.
Makes me realise just how poor I am.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Tilar

Quote from: Indygenerallee on December 05, 2012, 03:29:22 PM
QuoteWhy would a guy even bother to have a pair of ladies shoes made to resemble a car?   Is he looking for a way to screw a car
Maybe he likes to play dress up and drive his Bugatti!  :icon_smile_big:

Were'nt they for his wife?

I would rather have that hemi cuda than the bugatti... And I'd drive the hell out of it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Dino

Quote from: Fred on December 05, 2012, 04:10:49 PM
OMG!  In my dreams.

If I recall, you have a wonderful wife you love dearly, a black 68 Hemi Charger, and you live away from the bulk of civilization....I would say you are a very rich man my friend.   :2thumbs:

I don't have the hemi, but I got the rest of it so I would never trade what I have for what he has, money is just money.  You need it to be sure, but I sure as hell don't need all that and in the last several years my priorities have shifted away from owning 'stuff'.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Cooter

:rotz: ......................................................................
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Fred

Quote from: Dino on December 05, 2012, 05:08:42 PM
OMG!  In my dreams.

If I recall, you have a wonderful wife you love dearly, a black 68 Hemi Charger, and you live away from the bulk of civilization....I would say you are a very rich man my friend.   :2thumbs:

I don't have the hemi, but I got the rest of it so I would never trade what I have for what he has, money is just money.  You need it to be sure, but I sure as hell don't need all that and in the last several years my priorities have shifted away from owning 'stuff'.

You're right of course Dino. I should have included "but I'm happy all the same" because I am. Happy and content. You can't ask for more than that.
Cheers mate.  :cheers:

bobs66440

That dude's not even on the same planet as me. That's conspicuous consumption of the highest level and quite wasteful to me. You can change many families lives for the money he's got invested there. I'm as much a car guy as anyone, but I would never feel the need to go that far over the top, no matter how much money I had... :Twocents:

Dino

Quote from: Fred on December 05, 2012, 06:28:38 PM
Quote from: Dino on December 05, 2012, 05:08:42 PM
OMG!  In my dreams.

You're right of course Dino. I should have included "but I'm happy all the same" because I am. Happy and content. You can't ask for more than that.
Cheers mate.  :cheers:

I wouldn't mind being rich mind you, but I sometimes wonder if it would really make me happier.  I'm pretty happy with life right now, hasn't always been this way. 
I forgot to add good health to the list though, nothing more important than that.

Have a healthy beer on me mate.   :cheers:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

stripedelete

Quote from: bobs66440 on December 05, 2012, 06:29:58 PM
That dude's not even on the same planet as me. That's conspicuous consumption of the highest level and quite wasteful to me. You can change many families lives for the money he's got invested there. I'm as much a car guy as anyone, but I would never feel the need to go that far over the top, no matter how much money I had... :Twocents:

bingo!

I like him even less now.

Patronus

I enjoyed how he was so straight with the prices. I would've thought that a bit rude but... eh, whatever.. Ya gotta admit, a beautiful collection, and a beautiful home/garage. Some sweet Mopar history in those walls. Thanks for posting!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Fred

On the other hand, what else is he supposed to do with it? Give it all away. It's his to enjoy.

69rtse4spd

Know wounder you pay a buyer's & seller's premium.

Mytur Binsdirti

I guess the collector car auction business is good and those 10% buyer and seller commisions must add up!

Cooter

Am I reading what I think I'm reading? Are there others that have distain for filthy rich Douche's too? Wow, whodda thunk it.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

stripedelete

Who knows he could be in his secret laboratory working on a cure for cancer every night.  But, his "affect" or general lack of humility in this interview makes him pretty unlikable.   For that matter, he doesn't seem to likable at the auction either.   :Twocents: 

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cooter on December 06, 2012, 07:05:36 AM
Am I reading what I think I'm reading? Are there others that have distain for filthy rich Douche's too? Wow, whodda thunk it.

The Hemi hater strikes again. Man, you follow me like a lost puppy and I'm beginning to think that you have a man-crush on me.  :lol:

But anyway.... I simply made a comment about the collector car auction business. For the most part, my living is derived from those who are doing very well & unlike some, I do not envy "them" one bit.

stripedelete

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 06, 2012, 08:09:23 AM
Quote from: Cooter on December 06, 2012, 07:05:36 AM

The Hemi hater strikes again. Man, you follow me like a lost puppy and I'm beginning to think that you have a man-crush on me.  :lol:

Could it be the Ali Cosell of DC.com ?

Mytur Binsdirti

skip68

Cooter, I'll have you know that there are members on this very site that have done well and made lots and lots of money and you wouldn't even know it. They talk and joke like anyone else.  You shouldn't look at ones success as a sign that they're a spoiled snob.   Of course there are plenty of wealthy snobs out there just like there are plenty of wealthy good people that worked hard and earned it.  Like I said, I think there are some on this site that would surprise you.   Just sayin.    :icon_smile_wink:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

bobs66440

Quote from: Fred on December 05, 2012, 08:41:38 PM

On the other hand, what else is he supposed to do with it? Give it all away. It's his to enjoy.
You are quite correct. It is his to enjoy. I was just merely expressing how it made me feel and how I would be if I were in his position.

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 06, 2012, 08:09:23 AM

But anyway.... I simply made a comment about the collector car auction business. For the most part, my living is derived from those who are doing very well & unlike some, I do not envy "them" one bit.

The GL hater strikes again, try not to flatter yourself that much there Turd Bin. I assure you, I have NO interest in Following" you anywhere.
Actually, if your envy wasn't clouding your posting abilities, you'd have known i was referring to ANYONE in this thread BUT you.