News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

White interior and related visors.

Started by rnjump, December 01, 2012, 01:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnjump

What color should my visors be in my white interior superbird? I have a black headliner and bright white visors. They look out of place for sure. Anyone else have similar interior? Thanks in advance

JB400

They are supposed to be the color of the headliner according to my book.

rnjump

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 01, 2012, 01:52:19 AM
They are supposed to be the color of the headliner according to my book.

That would look more proper to me......Thanks

ODZKing

Depends on the year.  My 67 has a black headliner and the visors are white.  I believe it is the interior color or to be clearer, the color of the seats.

Ghoste

Same here, I have a black headliner with white visors.

1970Moparmann

Rex, I remember seeing other B-Bodies that same as yours.  :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Ghoste

What book are you referring to Stroker?

JB400

Restoration Guide from Motorbooks International.   Only part of it I don't like is where they tell you to paint bare metal items to look like bare metal.

Ghoste

There are a lot of mistakes in that book.  I am NOT saying this is one because I don't know.  I know what is in my car and that is all that I am relating here.  I am adding the caveat to that book though that you have to check some of it, not a lot, but some of it.

JB400

I know there are mistakes in it, and have checked other resources as well to verify what is right and what isn't.  As far as visors, every car I've seen, the visors match the headliner.

moparfan53

Quote from: rnjump on December 01, 2012, 01:36:42 AM
  What color should my visors be in my white interior superbird? I have a black headliner and bright white visors. They look out of place for sure. Anyone else have similar interior? Thanks in advance

My first thought was that your headliner and visors should both be white because that is how it is in my 69 Charger I have owned since 1975. However then I remembered a few years back seeing a 70 RR at a car show that had the black/white combo like yours and the owner said it was original. The 1970 dealer trim book shows 3 white interior options; white/blue, white burnt/orange and white/black. There is a note that the second color is the color of the headlining and other parts, but no mention of the visors.  The way I read the info it looks to me that your combo could be correct. :Twocents:

EDIT; or should the visors and headliner both be black or both be white? :shruggy: Looks like more info/research needed on original/survivor cars.

Partial pages are below. Full pages can be seen here;  
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1970ColorAndTrimPlymouth-04.shtml

bill440rt

Typically if you had a white & black interior in a '68-'70 Charger/B-body, you had a white headliner with white visors.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

Quote from: bill440rt on December 01, 2012, 08:09:20 PM
Typically if you had a white & black interior in a '68-'70 Charger/B-body, you had a white headliner with white visors.

I agree.   :yesnod:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto