News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spark plug recomendations

Started by jar1292, December 03, 2012, 03:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jar1292

I need to service my 07' 300c and want to get some thoughts on types or brands of new plugs for it I just turned over 100 thousand and think its way over due any direction of where to start would be great
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

randy73

I have found replacing them with what came in them to be a good solution. a plug that works great in one engine, might not work well in another.

FLG

Agreed.

Just use the OE spark plugs.

Ive found unless you have some performance build, the best plugs are the ones it came with. Dont believe the hype, yes some plugs do perform better when it comes to hi-po engines or forced induction stuff, but on a stock or near stock car just use the OE plugs.

jar1292

Thanks guys I figured as much heat wise but what about brands, any ones better then the other? im sure there are with the price difference.
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

ODZKing

:iagree:
Quote from: FLG on December 03, 2012, 11:06:56 PM
Agreed.

Just use the OE spark plugs.

Ive found unless you have some performance build, the best plugs are the ones it came with. Dont believe the hype, yes some plugs do perform better when it comes to hi-po engines or forced induction stuff, but on a stock or near stock car just use the OE plugs.

FLG

Quote from: jar1292 on December 04, 2012, 09:55:58 AM
Thanks guys I figured as much heat wise but what about brands, any ones better then the other? im sure there are with the price difference.

Im a fan of NGK plugs, never had an issue.