News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I'm in Trouble - dash is missing somethings ?

Started by Daytona Guy, December 03, 2012, 12:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

I'm in big trouble. I thought I had a complete dash – so when I pulled my box out this is all I found. For the life of me I can't figure out what I had done, or if I never had a complete dash in the first place. Not sure all that I need but I need to put it out there to see if anyone may have the parts needed for me to complete my dash.

Dane

hemi68charger

I notice your white frame and amp gauge is missing.. Did you send it off to http://www.redlinegaugeworks.com/ to have the amp-2-volt meter conversion?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dave Kanofsky

What's a few switches among friends?  Nothing a few toggles won't fix...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hemi68charger

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on December 03, 2012, 03:23:43 PM
What's a few switches among friends?  Nothing a few toggles won't fix...

and the pegs that hold the clear lens in place...... Oh, whenever the white frame is discovered, does it have the printed circuit board installed along with the 5v voltage limiter?
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Daytona Guy

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 03, 2012, 06:18:52 AM
I notice your white frame and amp gauge is missing.. Did you send it off to http://www.redlinegaugeworks.com/ to have the amp-2-volt meter conversion?

What does this mean?

70Sbird

Here is a picture of my disassembled Superbird cluster. I took off the fascia and lenses, he is what the rest of the parts look like:

Scott Faulkner

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

hemi68charger

Quote from: odcics2 on December 03, 2012, 06:09:16 PM
5 months to assemble??   :nana: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Shoot, what Scott's got shown there can be done in 15 minutes....  :2thumbs:
Troy

Hemi Runner

I have a couple of those laying around and another one ripped into pieces if you can't find what you need.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Daytona Guy on December 03, 2012, 04:09:53 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on December 03, 2012, 06:18:52 AM

What does this mean?

it is a safety process that converts the amp gauge of our beloved mopars to that of a voltmeter. The gauge basically looks identical to the original if you wish, but you bypass the amp gauge weak link. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then you didn't. If that's all you have, you are missing, unfortunately, a LOT !!!

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25073.0.html

Troy

70Sbird

Quote from: odcics2 on December 03, 2012, 06:09:16 PM
5 months to assemble??   :nana: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Don't remind me....lots of issues with the place that rebuilt and faced the gauges. It took three times shipping the fuel gauge back and forth before it was right...they bent my housing beyond repair when they shipped it back to me. They replaced the damaged parts and made it right in the end, but it did take a few months and was a hassle. :icon_smile_blackeye:

P.S. Troy is right. Even with never having had one apart before, 15 minutes would even leave enough time for a coffee refill!

Scott Faulkner

hemi68charger

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 03, 2012, 09:43:50 PM

P.S. Troy is right. Even with never having had one apart before, 15 minutes would even leave enough time for a coffee refill!

Ahhh, a crisp winter's Sat. morning in the garage with a hot cup of Java playing with the cars........ Life is good.....  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

pettybird

so...

main housing
ammeter
5V voltage regulator and capacitor
circuit board
fasteners for circuit board and gauges
headlamp switch
dimmer switch
wiper switch
washer button
hazard switch
push pins to retain lens
phillips screws for face to housing
clock set knob and set screw

Possibly missing:

lenses for turn signals/park brake/high beam on housing
screws and rubber isolators for speedometer
bulbs
bulb holders
cardboard isolator for ammeter terminals

I think that's about it ;)

Daytona Guy

Quote from: 70Sbird on December 03, 2012, 04:28:23 PM
Here is a picture of my disassembled Superbird cluster. I took off the fascia and lenses, he is what the rest of the parts look like

Thank you for tearing your dash out of you car and pulling it a part to just show me - you are awesome  :2thumbs: :smilielol:

Great shot I'm using this

Dane

Daytona Guy

Quote from: pettybird on December 04, 2012, 12:16:12 AM
so...

main housing
ammeter
5V voltage regulator and capacitor
circuit board
fasteners for circuit board and gauges
headlamp switch
dimmer switch
wiper switch
washer button
hazard switch
push pins to retain lens
phillips screws for face to housing
clock set knob and set screw

Possibly missing:

lenses for turn signals/park brake/high beam on housing
screws and rubber isolators for speedometer
bulbs
bulb holders
cardboard isolator for ammeter terminals

I think that's about it ;)

You guys are amazing - :) Here is my question - How do I get the bulb's the the bulb holders ?????????????????????

Dane

Daytona Guy

hemi68charger

Quote from: Daytona Guy on December 04, 2012, 02:02:25 AM
You guys are amazing - :) Here is my question - How do I get the bulb's the the bulb holders ?????????????????????

Dane

Depends. There are two different types of bulb sockets associated with the B-body Rallye Dash of '68-70. The 3 pn the printed circuit board have the bulb type that push in whereas all the others ( turn indicators, high beam, speedo/tach lights, etc) all have the conventional style of push-twist into the socket connected to the underdash harness.
Troy

Daytona Guy

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 04, 2012, 07:41:01 AM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on December 04, 2012, 02:02:25 AM

Dane

Depends. There are two different types of bulb sockets associated with the B-body Rallye Dash of '68-70. The 3 pn the printed circuit board have the bulb type that push in whereas all the others ( turn indicators, high beam, speedo/tach lights, etc) all have the conventional style of push-twist into the socket connected to the underdash harness.

Both - the gray (I think that is the color) of the holders that you pull out (no wires) and bush the all glass bulb into the board. I figure I can get the bulbs at an auto store, but I'm not sure.

Dane

petercharger

If u have issues Dan. I have a complete dash..and not to fare from u...thx peter
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

hemi68charger

Here's the bulb chart from Chris' 1969 Charger Registry website..

http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/facts/chart_pic_001

Printed circuit board = 158
others = 57

I replaced mine with LED counterparts. They reduce the heat generated by the bulbs. A lot of times you see the blue covers warped due to heat.
Troy

Dave Kanofsky

I went with LED's too, they dim properly and everything and give a cool blueish glow thanks to the covers, and they are typically brighter
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)