News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rip Tk73

Started by Mr.gunns72swinger, December 03, 2012, 12:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 04, 2012, 09:12:24 PM
Dan, Bryan anyone know of funeral arrangements?

Nope...nobody tells me anything anymore...I'm always the last to know

I'll see what I can find out...does anyone know his full name?

Bryan

E5 Charger

Very sad news. My thoughts and prayers go out to him, his family and friends.

tracpack440

I met tk73 a couple of times.  Last time was at the D.C Charger Show at Big Daddys Drive in kent last summer. Great guy. RIP
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

billfury

last426

Goodbye my friend.  Thanks for the years of support.  Kim

RallyeMike

Chris Grace (TK73)

Memorial Gathering:

Des Moines Field House
1000 South 220th Street
Des Moines, WA
Field House Large Meeting Room
Sunday, 9 Dec. from 2:30-5:30

http://www.beachparkeventcenter.com/index_files/Page799.htm

Dress, and this gathering are informal "as you are comfortable".

This is a non-alcoholic event.

If you would like to share a SHORT, funny or inspiring story to help us all remember Chris as we would like to, it is encouraged ! If you would rather not speak, write one down, and someone will read it for you.

Future services this summer will be family only.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

triple_green

I am going to try and make this!
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

bull

I wish I could go too but I work weekends. Chris is one of the few people from the opposite end of the political scale that I could banter with who didn't get upset, at least not that I could tell. I've only met him in person a time or two but from that limited experience he always seemed to be pretty level-headed and calm. What can I say other than this is a very sad time. He was taken too soon.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bull on December 07, 2012, 03:17:08 PM
I wish I could go too but I work weekends. Chris is one of the few people from the opposite end of the political scale that I could banter with who didn't get upset, at least not that I could tell. I've only met him in person a time or two but from that limited experience he always seemed to be pretty level-headed and calm. What can I say other than this is a very sad time. He was taken too soon.

Well I guess that answers my next question.  Really wish I could drive my Charger up there to pay respects & send him off in style.

Anyone from the Portland area planning on going up, wanna ride share up please PM me.

Hang in there RalleyeMike.   :crazy:

greenpigs

This should be a sticky also. :Twocents:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

A383Wing

grdprx

Thanks for the info.

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

8WHEELER

My uncle lives on his boat at the Des Moines Yacht Club, and was the Comador for years. He could
really hook us up for a night to party there for Chris, but we probably should keep it low key, and have
a drink at home in memory of Chris.

We plan on going as well.

His full name was,  Chris Grace

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

RTPTRON

Ya, this is really sad.  Dan told me earlier today and I have been thinking about TK (Chris) all day.  When I would see him at car shows he always had a big smile and was always ready to talk about Chargers or politics at times.  The last time I saw him was at the Charger meet at Big Daddy's in Auburn.  We talked quite a bit because I was going through some health chalenges at the time and had kind of a defeatest attitude about it.  Talking with TK about what he was going thourgh and seeing his positive, (I'm going to beat this), attitude helped my attitude a lot.

I plan to be there tomorrow.

TUFCAT

HalfastJav

Well, its been awhile since i have been on here, and am still dealing with the pain and loss of the big brother i finally got to have. First off not to make a big deal about things, yet, Rallye Mike is the most stand up best guys i have ever known and has shown undying care and friendship to Chris and has been the go to guy in such a terrible situation. Hats off to Mike, i love you man.

I met TK on this board in 2001 or so while searching for a Charger. He found one for me, we met, i bought the car and we were instant buddies. He helped me move like 3 times, usually came to my dads 4th of july bday party, and i could count on him for anything. My whole family really loved him and rightfully so. He helped/coached me through divorce, drinking, and drugs, having me down to his place to talk some sense into me and show me a better way. Looking back, i wish i could have done more for him and spent more time with him, yet i did the best i could considering it was me. I will never forget the way he would answer the phone when i called...  Deanermannnn... and coax me to a cruise or show even tho i had the misfit ride. Nights of Teriyaki or Taco-Time still make me smile, just like watching the Seahawks games from his apartment with a view of the stadium too..cool........ or just watching shows.... I blamed my tattoos on him too..he had quite a few, and now im catching up to him.

He really loved that car of his, even more he loved his daughters and friends. Sadly they will grow up without him,yet, they will always have "Uncle Dean"

I cant say enough about the support from Mike, his wife, and my cousin Ben. I love you guys and will forever miss my buddy AKA "Tall Chris" "TK73"
I will never forget when he got his Mustang GT and came to take me for a spin. We stopped at my sisters house in sultan on the way up the pass, Chris got out and my little nephew said "Uncle Dean, your friend is reeaally talll" hahahaha so we called him Tall Chris. And i bet Rallye Mike will never forget a trip out to my place as we did the "budget plan" for my neighbors truck tires. hahaha we popped the beads loose with a board and my Yota and after replacing the rotten stems , ben reseated the beads with starting fluid and a lighter. God that was a fun day....

Really tough to say goodbye to someone so special in my life...

I miss you TK. I love you man, you know that b true.

Deanermannn........

RallyeMike

Thanks to all the Charger brothers who were able to make the memorial. Ya, Chris stood out on the board nearly alone as being on the left side of center. He enjoyed a good mental exercise and debate, and his views on life were based on his caring for people. He was his own man who put extensive thought into everything he stood for. Politically on the left, he was also a gun lover and proud owner of a gas-guzzling, gross polluting, classic Dodge Charger. He was unique and could not be categorized.

Everyone continues to say that he never said anything seriously negative about other people or even his situation, even through 16 months of torture that nobody on this site can imagine, and that is TRUE. He respected other people's opinions, and deeply believed in personal freedoms. He will be sorely missed by his family including his wonderful 20 and 11 year old daughters, his friends, incredible co-workers, and anyone else who took the time to know him.

It took me a long time to be able to write this, and it will be hard to call life normal again for some time. One of my best memories was driving him home in his Charger after an on-the-town celebration of an early, positive milestone in his treatment. We stopped near his place and I did multiple smokey doughnuts while he screamed like a 10 year-old on a five-star roller coaster. All I can say in closing is: Drive your Charger nearly every day like Chris did, churn the tires every once in awhile, and enjoy every moment of it.

Christopher R. Grace. 12/29/1964 - 12/01/2012
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

grdprx

Well said. I'm glad I could make it. There were a lot of good memories and stories.

Dino

Thank you for sharing Mike, I so wish I could have met him.  I have always agreed with his philosophy and although not leaning as far left as him in the political arena it was close and found myself nodding contently reading his posts.  He sure left his mark here and I am grateful for that.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TruckDriver

Thanks Mike for writing that. He will be missed a lot by me for sure. I always enjoyed his posts, and will miss them.  :'(
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

A383Wing

Me, my wife, & Bob went as well....thanks again Mike for greeting us

Bryan

8WHEELER

Hang in there Mike, my wife and I were glad we could make it. It was great to see you and Dean
again, it had been a long time. I had never met Chris's Mom before, she seems like a real
nice woman.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS