News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Clem's 68 Black Build

Started by clemfor, January 19, 2014, 02:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnthull

This is my favorite build I've followed on here and probably the closest to what I'm trying to do. Awesome car man I can't wait to see what it looks like all finished up! Congrats on a beautiful car that'll outhandle 99% of muscle cars

clemfor

Quote from: hawkeye on February 01, 2014, 11:13:17 AM
WOW!!!  I wish I had half your skills and knowledge.

hawkeye. Thanks, I can't take credit for all the body and paint. But from here on, it is all me.

And tnthull. I just read your post last nite, wow, you are a wild Young man for taking your project on, good job!

I got a sand blast cabinet in November, and started the reassembly. The e brake grommet for holding the long spring was long gone, bought a blister pack
of assorted rubber grommets, slid it on, works just fine. Now I see that a couple weeks ago Mega parts USA has these grommets in there E bay store.

clemfor

I can't believe how rusted everything from the interior was, but, sand blast, etch primer and some good rattle can paint, and a rebuild kit from DMT on E bay,
the wiper assembly looks like brand new.

clemfor

And then it was installed.

clemfor

The a/c heater box was a lot of fun. Got the rebuild kit from Detroit Muscle Technology.
Didn't sand blast, cleaned all the grime off , sand, prime & paint.

This is when, again, I have to    THANK ALL OF YOU      that have posted on this forum, with all the play by play pictorials.
This is my first attempt at doing any of this..What a blast.

clemfor

The linkage and vac pots were crusted with grime, cleaned and a little fine sand paper, elbow grease, just like new.
All painted, ready for reinstall.

clemfor

Found a new blower motor, blasted, primed & painted the metal fan cage.

clemfor

The dash cluster is still work in progress. Drilled out the rivets, painted & installed new decals on the gauges. There is something about that flat white paint on the housing , WoW.
I used the Premium Dash Decals. Still have to calibrate the gauges, and polishes the scratches out of the lens, hopefully !

clemfor

About 4 years ago I bought a repro Tach, a bit of a let down with the neon pink redline blurry paint ! The black & white matches the speedo though.
Maybe won't look too bad when it is in the dash.

clemfor

After very careful surgery on the Ammeter, it was too late, bought a new one.
And don't forget to paint the mounting holes Black.

Charger-Bodie

What is the cluster sitting on?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

clemfor

That is the wife's 95 Z28 rag top LT1 475 hp, nice car.
Back in 2007 I asked her ? if I gave her the Z28, could I by a 68 Charger?
Yup, and here we are.

clemfor

A few weeks ago installed the brake pedal assembly.
Has anyone dealt with Wayne The Ram Man ? I have to buy a new booster and master cylinder. I talked to Wayne a few times, seems to know his stuff .

clemfor

After reading a lot of horror stories about the Metro Super Soft door seals being to fat, I bought mine 3 years ago.
I installed them, and no problem, the doors close perfectly. The only problem, the body shop welded the driver side skin on the door shell
too far ahead, so the drivers door shell hit the jamb striker and could not close. So I cut 3/16" off the striker, I think that's what they are called?
Then I realized I had them on the wrong side.

JB400

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
                  :popcrn: :popcrn:

westcoastdodge

I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

WHITE AND RED 69

Progress looks amazing.  :drool5:   Love the look of the flat white in the cluster. Did the same to mine, it's a shame that it get covered up.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster