News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lunati Voodoo 60303 valve cover clearance

Started by BananaDan, December 02, 2012, 06:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

A question arose on the 70 Charger site that I hadn't thought of.  I haven't swapped in my 60303 Voodoo cam yet, but since it has higher lift than the Isky Mega 280 I have now, will the 60303 cause a problem with the stock valve covers?  I don't want to lose my stock valve covers but I haven't thought about if the higher lift will cause a clearance issue.

:shruggy: :shruggy:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Chryco Psycho

only if you install the cam under the valve cover

BananaDan

Haha.  So I take your response as a no then, the rockers won't have any issues with the extra lift. 

Thanks.  ;D

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

BananaDan

Apparently I was confused on that thread and the clearance issue isn't with the extra lift and the valve covers, it was in regards to valve to piston clearance regarding the 60303 vs. the 60302.

Chryco Psycho

Clearance to the piston & the top of the valve guides can be an issue & needs to be checked