News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A nice driver if you were a rock star

Started by Ghoste, December 02, 2012, 10:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Got to spend some time with one of these a couple of weeks ago.  Great car but not likely I'll be buying one anytime soon.  Center driving position makes for a geat way to know where the car is going but you have to literally crawl into the car on your hands and knees across the passenger seat and then sort of drop your self into the drivers spot.  Getting out is even less graceful. :lol:

Daytona R/T SE

Ghoste

Sorry, it's a McLaren F1.  Wasn't trying to make a guessing game there, just forgot to add that fact. :blush2:

Daytona R/T SE

It's pretty wild lookin' :drool5:

No way I could get my fat ass in that thing... :eek2:

Or out of it...  :smilielol:

Ghoste

They need a fat wallet too.  They made something like 60 or so for the street during the 90's and perform in that Veyron territory.  If one goes for sale now they seem to be able to get into the millions easily.  Hmm I wonder what an insurance agent would think?

surmanajaja

those things cost millions...best driver ever made and you can get 2 girls in it with u, no other supercar has that :cheers:

wish I could drive one someday, but not likely...

Ghoste

JB400

It was supposedly the fastest supercar in the world until the Veyron came out.  Either way, I wouldn't want one.  Makes for a nice poster though :2thumbs:

hawkeye

how do you get in it?  does the left console swing out or do have to pertend to be a duke boy?

JB400

Ghoste

Console doesn't move.  Best way I found was just as described, open door on either side and crawl on your hands and knees past the center and then drop your ass in the seat while sliding your legs under the wheel.  If you try and Duke boy it you end up stranded.  Its too far to the center seating position and there is nothing to grab to help slide your way into it.  You can do it that way (slide in Dukes style) but there is a lof more kicking at the interior and squirming, its much easier just to crawl in.

skip68

I would like to buy one.   Can you help me put a deal together Ghoste?
I'll need to barrow some money from you Ghoste if that's OK. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

You have the money skip.  There is a tin can in the back yard where the Mrs. keeps her stash according to the neighbors.

Ghoste

I don't have the money, I get paid by the people who have it to drive these tings.

Mike DC

I'll take a McLaren F1 over a Veyron any day.  The Veyron is designed to drive on tracks larger than any in existence on planet earth.   The McLaren F1 is much lighter weight, naturally aspirated, and would probably be more fun in the real world.  At least once you're inside it.    

I remember a figure that if you're cruising at 150mph and you punch it hard, the McLaren could still pull as hard as a regular 1990s 4dr car in 1st gear.  

Ghoste

Albeit with extremely limited exposure to both, I would have to say I prefer the McLaren as well.

Mike DC

It's pretty impressive to realize that car is pushing 20 years old now and it's still just about unbeatable on performance stats alone.

JB400

Funny thing is, they just recently decided to introduce the next model

Ghoste

Yeah, that one was there as well.  Its called the 12C and its a twin turbo.  I liked the F1 better but truthfully there wasn't time to give the new one a fair shot.

bordin34

Quote from: Ghoste on December 02, 2012, 02:19:49 PM
Its called the 12C and its a twin turbo. 
Its actually the MP4-12C.
That guys collection looks impressive. In the background is an MC12, Miura, Dino, Gullwing, Ferrari 330?, and tons of other cool stuff.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Mike DC

I would probably rather have a naturally aspirated McLaren over a slightly faster turbo model. 

But that's me.  I have a hard time getting into all exotics anymore.  Their evolution seems way past the point of diminishing returns.

Chryco Psycho

I heard a story about Leno buying one & arriving home in it only to see one sitting in the next driveway , yes his neighbor bought one the same day , so much for being exclusive LOL
Nice cars !!

Mytur Binsdirti

All 3 of these on the same showroom floor last year....

Ghoste

myk

I always said if I had Oprah or Leno money I would daily-drive a Ferrari F50, although that McLaren isn't too shabby either...