News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuse Box Relay & Breaker

Started by ODZKing, December 01, 2012, 11:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ODZKing

I wonder what else I can find.  Wondering where the horn relay was, I discovered it never worked because it's not there.  AND I also need the 30 amp breaker that is next to it.
I wonder what that does/did that didn't work.  Thing is I never had the car on the road long enough to see.  Power windows did work but most of the gauges didn't.  Thought that was simply because they were all burned up.
The two numbers I need are (breaker)3620840 and (relay)3579205.  I would rather not have to pay the REDICULOUS price on EBay for them.  However as far as I can tell, all the parts stores have it as discontinued.

A383Wing

circuit breaker should be available most anywhere like NAPA....the horn relay noise buzzer thingy is probably dealer or wrecking yard item....I always hated the  "key in ignition" buzzer.....I took mine out of my cars...the horn relay is a 3 terminal? I got some here...same as my 88 Shadow

I can look tomorrow to see what horn relay number is on my stash...If I remember

you can call me..you gots my number

Bryan

ODZKing

I did search the NAPA website and they have 30a breakers, but none with the terminals like that - at least not on the website. I'd go there but I don't have an old one to compare.  May have to do the old paper and pencil trick with the mounting holes to show the locations.
That buzzer is also the horn relay. 74 and up was different so I am told. 71-73 B and C body.
Part numbers are 3579205 for the relay and the breaker is 3620840.

John_Kunkel

3620840 is the power window 30 amp breaker; if the windows work, somebody must have bypassed the breaker.

The inop gauges could be due to a faulty Instrument Voltage Regulator. (IVR)
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

ODZKing

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 02, 2012, 04:18:01 PM

3620840 is the power window 30 amp breaker; if the windows work, somebody must have bypassed the breaker.

The inop gauges could be due to a faulty Instrument Voltage Regulator. (IVR)
That wouldn't surprize me.  The wiring is a mess under there.

I did have Mark rebuild the gauges for me.  He say most were fried and he did replace the IVR as well.