News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1989 gmc sierra 305 has low power

Started by kokxville, December 01, 2012, 04:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kokxville

Anyone knows what causes this?
It stalls and has no power.When i barely hit the throttle it runs at it's best,when i push the peddle to the metal,there's no power at all,and it puffs in the airfilterbox  :eek2:

Catalic convertor maybe?
Timing chain?
Blown gasket?
Tranny?
:think:
Any help would be appreciated. :2thumbs:

John
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"

Cooter

Sounds like Converter plugged. Simple check. Unbolt EGR of Intake and see if runs better a little. then, drop exhaust and see if runs ALOT better.

Tune up?
Fuel Filter?
Mileage?
Tranny Fluid condition?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

b5blue

That or timing chain...... :scratchchin: (From the puffing back into the airbox.)

Tilar

I'm thinking converter. Like cooter says, drop the exhaust before the converter and see if that little 305 doesn't come to life. It would also explain the backfiring through the intake.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

kokxville

Thanks guys,
i will have the converter removed tomorrow and see what happens. :2thumbs:

John
1969 Charger R/T 4 speed A33 Track Pack.
1967 Dodge a108 360 Magnum. Daily driver
1969 Dodge Charger"the car you can take your kids in to school on a friday,go shopping on a saturday,dragrace on a sunday and go to work on monday"