News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another Red Daytona on ebay

Started by rotten65, November 28, 2012, 11:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rotten65

1970Moparmann

It's been on it a few times.  I believe the dealer will take $105k for it. :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

rebby

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on November 28, 2012, 11:26:17 PM
It's been on it a few times.  I believe the dealer will take $105k for it. :2thumbs:

Checked this one out as well eh????
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

1970Moparmann

Been watching Wing cars for 20 years.  This is why I call myself a Moparholic. 

This car looks good - I did not see it.  It was way over my budget.

Just got my Bird two days ago! :2thumbs:

johnnyseville

He has had it up a few times, basically sits as 80K.  But earlier there was another bidders who bid it up to 83K and the reserve was met, but he retracted his bid 2 days later and it is back to 80K.  Maybe the seller is playing games, maybe not, but if anyone raises the bid to 83K it will be his/hers.  Just in case anyone is interested.
too many to list!

1970Moparmann

The seller is a dealer also.... For some this doesn't mean much, for for me, not my gig.   A lot of dealers tend to take short cuts on fixes to get it out of the dealership.  :flame:

Aero426

It looks like a decent car that could be improved with some sweat equity by the new owner.     I could be made to suffer with it. 

johnnyseville

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on November 29, 2012, 09:47:49 AM
The seller is a dealer also.... For some this doesn't mean much, for for me, not my gig.   A lot of dealers tend to take short cuts on fixes to get it out of the dealership.  :flame:

I trust no one, dealer or private seller, both equally have a vested interested in passing along a problem.  I trust only in myself.
too many to list!

Nwcharger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on November 29, 2012, 09:47:49 AM

That is the truth there. I turn wrench's for a dealer and hate used cars. The dealer never wants to fix them right. They say if it lasts 60 days it's good enough. Makes me not even want my tech number on the RO at point. The cars always come back and the manager will want the car repaired for free claiming you never noted the item in question. That's why I keep my own records of all work I recommend. I'm sure theres short cuts done to this car if it's a dealer selling it.  :Twocents:
1969 coronet wagon

petercharger

If I did not have my work in progress clone..I would consider it...looks great outside interior and engine compart needs touch up...but sounds good on YouTube ....
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

WB General Lee

This car keeps getting posted on e-bay. Looks like they are hoping someone new will look at it and bid to 100K:)

GULFGLENY

Good time to buy! My next car will be a Daytona.

WINGIN IT

Quote from: GULFGLENY on November 29, 2012, 04:07:02 PM

To be a real wing car enthusiast you have to have 1 of each, right ?  :D

Nwcharger

Quote from: WINGIN IT on November 29, 2012, 05:18:06 PM
Quote from: GULFGLENY on November 29, 2012, 04:07:02 PM

To be a real wing car enthusiast you have to have 1 of each, right ?  :D

yes of course. i bought my daytona project while building a clone. next summer i plan on starting my superbird clone and hopefully ill finding a real bird project that i can afford as well.  :2thumbs:
1969 coronet wagon

Wingman1969

Hey guys I actually own the Daytona on eBay. I'm not a dealer just selling off some of my personal cars to make room for more cars we are finishing up. This car is a nice unrestored car. I purchased the car with the intent of making the car a trailer queen, but the car is just an awesome driver and I can not bring myself to tear it down.  Someone did bid and meet the reserve and retracted their bid but they never contacted me and they were actually the high bidder the previous time the car was on eBay.  It's been hard to get people to come view the car and I'm really shocked the car is still here.  It's a heck of a deal for a nice car.
1969 Daytona 440 auto.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Wingman1969 on November 30, 2012, 01:03:05 PM
Hey guys I actually own the Daytona on eBay. I'm not a dealer just selling off some of my personal cars to make room for more cars we are finishing up. This car is a nice unrestored car. I purchased the car with the intent of making the car a trailer queen, but the car is just an awesome driver and I can not bring myself to tear it down.  Someone did bid and meet the reserve and retracted their bid but they never contacted me and they were actually the high bidder the previous time the car was on eBay.  It's been hard to get people to come view the car and I'm really shocked the car is still here.  It's a heck of a deal for a nice car.

Welcome!  :2thumbs:

The reason why I said dealer was because of the Stallion Autosports plate. 

Can you share some information about the history and give some background about the engine compartment?

Wingman1969

Thanks for the welcome 1970moparman
I own Stallion Autosport.  We are a higher end restoration shop / custom performance shop.
This car originally came out of Ohio. The car was painted on in places in the early 70s. At that time several original pieces were chromed; front pulleys, hood hinges, valve covers etc. someone also painted the engine bay black over the top of the original paint. The car is still pretty well untouched since that time. The wheels and tires were upgraded, the brakes were serviced, and the heads were done along with new push rods. The car drives better than I can describe. I really hate to see it go
1969 Daytona 440 auto.

Beep Beep Dave

Wow in the you tube video the car looks mint!!!
I wonder if you could steam off the black paint outta the engine room.
Any rust repair in the quarters, floor pans or trunk pan?

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Hey guys I actually own the Daytona on eBay. ...

Congrad's on the sale....... I guess, the link states it is no longer available?......... Hope you sold it........ Guess I'll throw mine out again since there's one less piece of competition..  :2thumbs:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1970Moparmann

Quote from: hemi68charger on November 30, 2012, 09:49:25 PM
Hey guys I actually own the Daytona on eBay. ...

Congrad's on the sale....... I guess, the link states it is no longer available?......... Hope you sold it........ Guess I'll throw mine out again since there's one less piece of competition..  :2thumbs:

Congrats!  :2thumbs:  Where is it going?

Wingman1969

Thanks guys. I did sell the car it's going to mooresville NC.
1969 Daytona 440 auto.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Wingman1969 on December 01, 2012, 05:36:45 AM
Thanks guys. I did sell the car it's going to mooresville NC.

I wish I was going to NC..... NASCAR-country. Like Houston, but it's too far away from everything...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

XS29J