News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How To Get Out of Speeding Ticket

Started by Old Moparz, November 28, 2012, 05:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Since the radar detector topic brought up speeding, here's a heads up to a 20/20 TV show this Friday that I just read about. The officer admits that hot women have a better chance at getting out of the ticket. Only once did I ever get out of a ticket, it was when I was pulled over by a female NYS Trooper. I guess she thought I was hot.   :smilielol:

http://gma.yahoo.com/ex-nypd-cop-reveals-not-ticket-120120353--abc-news-topstories.html

Ex-NYPD Cop Reveals How Not to Get a Ticket
By Glenn Ruppel | ABC News

Every driver hates getting a ticket. So when you are pulled over, how do you minimize the damage to your wallet? First, realize the risk of serious danger to the officer is quite real. "Cops get killed on car stops," said Jerry Kane, 53, a retired New York Police Department officer. Kane said if you're pulled over, you should realize the officer will be on high alert.

"The most dangerous thing to the cop when he comes up to the car are the hands of someone, because they could hold a weapon," he said. Drivers and passengers have been known to come out shooting, a fact cops are well aware of as they walk up to your vehicle.

"If he can see everybody's hands, immediately his blood pressure goes down, his pulse gets a bit slower," Kane said. "If it's nighttime, turn on the interior lights in your car. If it's night or day, lower all the windows on your car. ... And put your hands up on the steering wheel - high, where the cop can see them."

This may make the officer more understanding and lenient, Kane said. "If you were gonna get some discretion, you now set up that possibility." The officer may then ask if you know what you did wrong. Kane said to be apologetic, but don't feel you have to admit anything.

"You can play dumb. You can say, 'What did I do?' And if he tells you what you did, you could say, 'I must have...you know, I just didn't realize it,'" Kane said. Does it work to cry?

"Only for women," Kane said, laughing.

What if she shows a little leg? "Since men and women were created, attractive women get more breaks," Kane said. Finally, do as Kane does: keep your speed less than 10 miles per hour over the limit. "If you were my brother or my cousin and asked me, that's what I would tell you."

Watch the full story - including more dramatic secrets from cops and other professions - on "20/20: True Confessions" Friday at 10 p.m. ET
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Drache

My dad got out of a speeding ticket once in court.

Driving an '84 Camaro about 25kmh over the limit down the highway and a cop goes past the opposite way. My dad didn't slow down for a second just kept the same speed. Cop caught up and gave my father a ticket.

He went into court and made sure to dress respectably and made sure to be polite. During his case the judge asked how he pleads and my father said he pleads "Due Diligence". This surprised the judge as that is a legal term a lawyer friend of my dad's told him to use. My father then asked if he could question the officer. Which surprised the judge again since no one really knows they are allowed.

My father asked the Officer if he seen my father slow down when the cop went by. The Officer said no, that he maintained the same speed.

My dad then told the officer that the tires on his Camaro were the wrong size and could throw out the speedometer in his car. He brought an article to prove this fact. He said at the time he did not know the tires were the wrong size and that it was a mix up because of the tire place.

Case was dismissed and the ticket was dropped.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Alaskan_TA

QuoteWhat if she shows a little leg?

Asking where the rest of the body is would be a logical step.

Cooter

The problem I have with "Getting out of a ticket" still means you lose time from work, which causes loss of money. Most times, putting bigger tires on your car has been played till the ninth degree. Many officers round here can spot a person who's "Going to have his/her speedo checked" as the car usually has TALL tires on the front and looks rediculous. I guess it would depend on how much over you were going as to how much time you are willing to lose.

Me, I just play it safe and drive no more than 5-8 MPH over.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Drache

Quote from: Cooter on November 29, 2012, 12:35:30 AM
The problem I have with "Getting out of a ticket" still means you lose time from work, which causes loss of money. Most times, putting bigger tires on your car has been played till the ninth degree. Many officers round here can spot a person who's "Going to have his/her speedo checked" as the car usually has TALL tires on the front and looks rediculous. I guess it would depend on how much over you were going as to how much time you are willing to lose.

Me, I just play it safe and drive no more than 5-8 MPH over.

The defense was that all four tires were only slightly different than the factory specs required, but enough to cause the speedometer to read slower than what his actual speed. Pleading Due Diligence means that you've taken all steps to follow the law but through no action of your own you broke said law. In the case of my father, the tire shop put the wrong sized tires on my dad's car without his knowledge and he thought he was doing the speed limit.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

FLG

I always have my get out of jail free cards, they help  ;D

But that donst mean i act like a D-Bag because i know i have a good chance of getting out of a ticket. I always turn on my interior lights at night and roll down my windows, i always know damn well why i got pulled over weather it be going a bit fast or just stupidly burning rubber than notice a cop is right on the next corner and saw the whole thing  :shruggy:

I think we get more of a break with older cars tho, ive done a lot of dumb things in the charger and either they look the other way or heck every now and than ask for a little rubber  :coolgleamA: Some of the cops here in my neighborhood know me and my cars by now, one even had a 73 Charger so things tend to work in my favor a bit.

Im sure ill eventually do something dumb and wind up getting a ticket, but knock on wood...none yet.

The BMW is a driving billboard and has a big sign on the roof saying "pull me over" and the yellow roll bar donst draw the least bit of attention.....i tend to just obey the law when driving it.

mauve66

yeah, you be like one of those F&F guys in the bimmer, we all know they speed all the time...................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Mike DC

That advice could be titled, "How to give the cop a more pleasant experience writing you a ticket."  It's not likely to get you out of anything.  

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mauve66

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 30, 2012, 12:55:29 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on November 30, 2012, 03:28:55 AM
Being honest works everytime.

Yep, i learned that one early in life.   :Twocents:

i gave up honesty years ago, "yes officer, i know i was doing 20 over and ran a red light but i didn' want to miss happy hour......they just look at you and say, " SOOOOOOO, you actually knew what you were doing wrong and did it anyway............"
simple courtesy and things like all lights on and windows down and hands on wheel as well as asking if i can open the glove box before reaching for it like its an end-zone pass while he/she is walking up to the vehicle has done more for me than lying or telling the truth
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

Respect and not being a smartass may not get you out of a fine but they sure aren't going to hurt your chances.  Whereas being an ass will nearly always guarantee you pay a little money.

JB400

I found out it's best to let them be the a-hole.  My local pd has done it enough times, that now they know me and ask for my help everyonce in a while :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Your help?  In what way if you don't mind my asking?

JB400

They have me keep an eye out for suspicious activities and stolen objects.  I go out for walks late at night throughout the town.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 02, 2012, 12:45:19 AM
They have me keep an eye out for suspicious activities and stolen objects.  I go out for walks late at night throughout the town.
Zimmerman?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

JB400

Quote from: Mopar Nut on December 02, 2012, 01:06:35 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 02, 2012, 12:45:19 AM
Zimmerman?
Not hardly

Fred

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 29, 2012, 08:28:43 PM

That advice could be titled, "How to give the cop a more pleasant experience writing you a ticket."  It's not likely to get you out of anything.  

It doesn't but you do get to experience a cop being pleasant back to you.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: Ghoste on December 02, 2012, 12:14:39 AM
Respect and not being a smartass may not get you out of a fine but they sure aren't going to hurt your chances.  Whereas being an ass will nearly always guarantee you pay a little money.

I couldn't agree with you more.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

myk

Hmm...interesting topic.  In my next life I was asking whatever God there may be to make me into a pro-football player but maybe I'll just change that into the life of a smoking hot woman, instead; I'd end up getting the pro-football life AND getting out of traffic tickets...