News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GENERAL LEE TALK, WE'RE GOING DEEP ON THIS ONE..................................

Started by skip68, November 27, 2012, 09:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

One thing that bothers me is schools in the south are capable of teaching Spanish yet they cannot teach English?   Come on, really?   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

Look, I'm not asking you use several forks or even any utensils ....just speak clearly is all we (as a country) ask.    The doctor is tired.  Break time.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

A383Wing

Quote from: Cooter on December 01, 2012, 03:37:30 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 01, 2012, 03:23:11 PM

Rebel flag? If ignorant redneck symbology is your thing...........  ::)

Most times I find your posts informative John, but this time, I'm afraid you showed us who's an "Ignorant Redneck" by making a comment like that.

yea..that was my thought as well..."Better to keep yer mouth shut and let them think you are an idiot rather than open it and prove they are right"

Bryan

skip68

:pity:  I'm sorry if I hurt some feelings here.  I'm just sharing mine that's all.   You are all special.    :pity: :nana:

mauve66

my question is why put a push bar on the front of a car that never pushes anything

kinda like putting a turbo whistler in the exhaust of a car without a turbo, maybe those GL folks were really the ancestors of the F&F crowd.........................

and the extra weight of the bar doesn't help the weight distribution during the jumps, they must be using that southern math to figure that out
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Cooter

Quote from: mauve66 on December 01, 2012, 05:16:07 PM
my question is why put a push bar on the front of a car that never pushes anythingNot quite true. In the Episode "Daisy's Recording", they pushed the FBI guys Ford Granada into the pile of junk cars. Also, they used it to "Bump" in the very first episode "One Armed Bandits"....

kinda like putting a turbo whistler in the exhaust of a car without a turbo, maybe those GL folks were really the ancestors of the F&F crowd.........................Again, read above.

and the extra weight of the bar doesn't help the weight distribution during the jumps, they must be using that southern math to figure that out
Math was figured out long before the "Extra Weight" of the push bar was added for the jumps.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

skip68

They pushed lots of cars with the GL.   They also tied ropes to it a few times if I remember correctly

mauve66

ok, i haven't fully converted to the GL religion, just attended a few services................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

skip68

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

TUFCAT

I've met many southern guys in our hobby who own or restore high end Mopars. They're clean-cut, polite, courteous and respectful people.  They're hard working guys with mechanical skills (or financial means) to build some of the nicest Mopars around.  These guys aren't typical "rednecks". :icon_smile_wink:  

Ghoste

And let us not forget Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Allman Brothers Band, Elvis, hell lets just say blues and rock and roll. (not to be left out would be most country music) Then there's Jamie Pressley, Mardi Gras, Cajun food etc etc.

Fred

Some good stuff has come out of the south.............that's for sure.  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Fred

Ghoste

Fred

Ghoste

I'm keenly aware of the song, it reminded me of some of the things that are good about it.

Fred

Ghoste

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Cooter on December 01, 2012, 03:37:30 PM
Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 01, 2012, 03:23:11 PM

Rebel flag? If ignorant redneck symbology is your thing...........  ::)

Most times I find your posts informative John, but this time, I'm afraid you showed us who's an "Ignorant Redneck" by making a comment like that.

As you can tell by my name, I'm of German heritage.....so, following the "show your flag" mentality I should have a Charger with a swastika painted on the roof?

Both the rebel flag and the swastika are symbols of a dark time in history. Sorry I don't see the fascination with displaying either.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

JB400

I agree the swastika has a shady past, but it's a chinese symbol of peace.  I just wouldn't display it with German colors.  Of course, it depends on your location and who else is around.  But, most of the hatred of the Confederate battle flag has diminished with time.  There are exceptions.