News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GENERAL LEE TALK, WE'RE GOING DEEP ON THIS ONE..................................

Started by skip68, November 27, 2012, 09:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Lee

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 27, 2012, 11:18:48 PM

QuoteAll of the General Lee items on my car, with the exception of the Vectors, I made myself. Made my own door decals, painted my own roof by hand, made my own pushbar, roll bar etc. I love Chargers, and I love the General Lee. What I don't love are the self appointed experts. You know the ones that comb message boards and suddenly are "gurus". These are the guys that come up to your car at a show and point out X,Y, and Z are "wrong", name drop people they may have met in passing at a Dukes event, and/pr seen one real screen used Lee and now have the need to pass their "knowledge" any time possible.

Those guys have always been present in the car hobby.  If they're not talking smack about your GL they would be talking smack about your stock Charger instead.  

I never understood the urge to tear down other people's cars like that.  

Heck, I could come up with a ton of GL trivia.  So what?  That's all it is, trivia.  It's only useful if someone chooses to care, and very few people do.  

A few auto body classes at a local community college would probably do you more good for building a GL replica than a whole pile of trivia about the TV cars. 

I have a stock Charger as well. Yes, I have problems occasionally with regular car guys, but the no where near as often or heated as with "Dukies".

Cooter

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 27, 2012, 11:18:48 PM

QuoteAll of the General Lee items on my car, with the exception of the Vectors, I made myself. Made my own door decals, painted my own roof by hand, made my own pushbar, roll bar etc. I love Chargers, and I love the General Lee. What I don't love are the self appointed experts. You know the ones that comb message boards and suddenly are "gurus". These are the guys that come up to your car at a show and point out X,Y, and Z are "wrong", name drop people they may have met in passing at a Dukes event, and/pr seen one real screen used Lee and now have the need to pass their "knowledge" any time possible.

Those guys have always been present in the car hobby.  If they're not talking smack about your GL they would be talking smack about your stock Charger instead.  

I never understood the urge to tear down other people's cars like that.  

Heck, I could come up with a ton of GL trivia.  So what?  That's all it is, trivia.  It's only useful if someone chooses to care, and very few people do.  

A few auto body classes at a local community college would probably do you more good for building a GL replica than a whole pile of trivia about the TV cars. 

Now hold on a minute. In another thread, it was stated "Dukies" that ask "regular" Charger owners at a show "when are you painting it orange" may be just possibly just making conversation, how do we know these Self-Appointed "Experts" aren't just doing the same thing?(Albeit it assholishly)
Trivia might be the ice breaker for some folks. Same as with the "Haters", their "Hatred" of all things GL are just their way of expressing their regret and how they were on the outside of the DOH conversation growing up. In their minds, while everybody else was talking about the show, they were somehow "Above", or "Cooler" than that therefore, a "Hater" is formed. There is a whole sub-culture called the "hater club". These types Simply MUST "Hate" on anything that they deem either isn't factory OEM Charger, many times Hemi powered, or is painted Orange with 01's on the doors. The "Haters" are a very lonely group. They tend to buck anything that is considered "cool" by the mainstream in an attempt to somehow see themselves as some form of "Pace-setter". When in fact, sometimes, nothing is more boring than seeing yet another pure stock, Hemi Charger.

Dr. Skip, I think these repressed feelings of frustration can be linked to a childhood depraved of DOH. My diagnosis would be a prescription of Prozac, and DOH DVD box set. Whadda 'ya think?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Quote from: skip68 on November 27, 2012, 09:21:40 PMI think it may be to soon for you to talk about the CB or the 01 on the doors. 

Thats a completely other problem docor.  The antenna and 01 fill me with these strange warm feelings like a pleasnat afterglow.  They make me want to wear a flannel shirt and tie sticks of dynamite to arrows.  BUT, I only want to use the dynamite to blow up evil.  Its weird isn't it?  Everytime I see the antenna and 01 I just want to scream YEEHAAAAAAW! and run around like some hillbilly Robin Hood.
Maybe this is why I rob fat people and give the money to homeless burnouts?

I am so conflicted.

skip68

Normally I'm not in until 10:00am but I feel I need to jump in for a moment.   Ghoste, it's clear you've been brainwashed at some point in your youth by the DOH.   I WILL GET BACK TO YOU LATER, I PROMISE.........  
         Cooter, I'm thrilled that you've spoke up however, this is a sober group therapy.  
The first thing I'm going to need you to do is stop drinking.  I fear you've been hitting the moonshine you've got in your trunk.   However, you make a very good point.  It's like the preppies versus the average joes. I think that's what you're saying.  Anywho, we'll talk soon and remember, you are all special............

Chuck ..................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

kikgas01

Quote from: A383Wing on November 27, 2012, 10:49:36 PM
the car would be a perfect "10"...if it were to crash upside down in a ditch

Bryan

Here you go!

Hope these help you!

JB400

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 28, 2012, 01:41:18 AM
What's up doc?   Please tell me what it is about orange that makes it haunt my dreams and convinces me to paint my 69 orange.  I'm not sick enough to put an 01 on the door but I'm getting there.  Wait, I did.  I spent $20 and bought some orange, black, and white spray paint and painted my door orange with a black and white 01 to see if I like it and can tolerate it.  Can I be saved or is it too late?

I still want to see an official medical liscense.
I guess I'm beyond help then?  Damn, I quoted myself, I must be sick.

skip68

Sorry but my hours are from 10am to 4:30pm.  If I'm not here during those times I'm busy with another patient in a closed session.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Yes, we know all about your hoochy coochy with someone else's wife on the side.  No need to try and hide it.  I'm surprised the Mrs doesn't know

TUFCAT

Dr Skip, I know you're busy but I do have another issue to address....

In years past, whenever I saw a "road closed" or "bridge out" sign I had the uncontollable urge to plow through it with reckless abandon and attempt to jump whatever might be in my way. :D

I thought I've been cured of this awful condition, until recently......

Now when I see a dismantled bridge, or a large pile of rubble in the road these feelings come back.  

What do I do Doc?  Most of the time I'm driving the family car when this happens.  

Please advise.  

bakerhillpins

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

This thread has been more than helpful with my demeanor today.  :flame:                            :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

JB400

Obviously, Skip is still busy with that "special client"  Either that, or he's trying to find his medical certificate

Ghoste

Or Mrs. Skip unplugged his computer again, you know how she feels about malpractice suits.

JB400

At least we can look at his receptionist while we wait :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Dino

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 28, 2012, 12:37:06 PM
Now when I see a dismantled bridge, or a large pile of rubble in the road these feelings come back.  
Please advise.  

Try to stay on the west side of Detroit.   :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Yeah, I didn't think there were many piles of rubble or bridges out left in that Plymouth-Novi region?

mrsskip68

Sorry guys, he's in his yoga class. He loves that downward dog move!  :nana: (Looks gross when he does it in his Richard Simmons shorts!  :eek2: )

JB400

Does he always wear Simmons' shorts?  I guess that's better than spandex

Ghoste

Dino

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

mrsskip68

Hes got spandex too.  :smilielol: Better than seeing him do that move, Naked!  :eek2:

Nice thing is, his workout clothes fit nicely in his man purse!  :D

JB400

Well, you come to the right place.  As soon as the doc shows back up, he'll fix you right up.  I'm starting to see flashes of orange.  I better go lay down.

Ghoste

If these Simmons shorts turn out to be orange Limited Edition Dukes ones with a rebel flag and a 01 we're going to know the doctor needs a doctor.

JB400

I hope that's not the orange flashes that I'm seeing.  I don't need the imagry

hemi68charger

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 28, 2012, 01:05:55 PM
At least we can look at his receptionist while we wait :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

You believe everything on the internet; "Bonjour"........   :icon_smile_big:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection