News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GENERAL LEE TALK, WE'RE GOING DEEP ON THIS ONE..................................

Started by skip68, November 27, 2012, 09:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

A383Wing

kikgas01

TUFCAT

....Kew Kew I love it, I love it!... I'm gonna cuff ya and stuff ya.  :nana:

TUFCAT

kikgas01

TUFCAT

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TUFCAT

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

JB400

BY RSCO

Quote from: John_Kunkel on December 03, 2012, 05:21:08 PM
Quote from: Cooter on December 02, 2012, 11:58:17 PM
My reply to your post was about classing a whole group of poeple from the south as ignorant...

So, "all" (a whole group) people from the South embrace the stars and bars? Hmmm.

You misunderstand "symbology". I guess some think that displaying the rebel flag makes them appear to be rebellious and free-spirited but in reality it just makes them one of a herd.

I have several shirts with crosses on them... am I a part of a hatred group as well?

JB400

Quote from: BY RSCO on December 04, 2012, 12:29:17 AM
My reply to your post was about classing a whole group of poeple from the south as ignorant...

So, "all" (a whole group) people from the South embrace the stars and bars? Hmmm.

You misunderstand "symbology". I guess some think that displaying the rebel flag makes them appear to be rebellious and free-spirited but in reality it just makes them one of a herd.

I have several shirts with crosses on them... am I a part of a hatred group as well?
Do they have the white, tall dunce caps to go with them?

BY RSCO

:smilielol:
nope no dunce caps here! I was hoping nobody would take that statement about the crosses the wrong way. The point I was trying to make is that the confederate flag has been used (unfortunately) in a very negative manner by the folks in the dunce caps, and for that reason there are certain people who feel that if we have one on the roof of our car, then we are automatically rednecks or supporting said group. What I was getting at is that I have several shirts from various Christian events and such with crosses on them, so does that also mean that I plan to burn one in somebody's yard?? People sometimes do not like to touch on that aspect...(yes, somewhat of a harsh example, but it brings this whole ridiculous argument about the flag on the General Lee a little more into context.)

Fred

The only dunce cap I know of was the one on the head of the silliest kid in the class at school.   :smilielol:

I'm happy to report it was never me.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

That's right. That's how he got the idea for the coconut bra. He started wearing them on his head first till he woke up to himself and worked out where they really belonged.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Back to the subject, it seems that the 3k, Rebs, and neo Nazis could all fly the same flag due to the same interests.  But, I doubt that there is any symbolism between these three groups and GL.  Anyone with a GL that I've come across hasn't shown interest in destroying the fabric of our country.  It's more coincedental than a relation.

billfury

Cooter

No,No, I understand exactly what you where trying to say, and the crazy explaination here in this post is proof. You referred to everyone in the South as "Ignorant Rednecks" For flying the Rebel Flag....Just slipped another 3 notches on the ol' Class belt. Even I know not ALL Hemi owners are over-inflated egotistical, Douchebags, that only care about numbers and value of these cars. I try and make that a priority in my posts now. "Symbology" or not.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

Quote from: BY RSCO on December 04, 2012, 01:19:46 AM
nope no dunce caps here! I was hoping nobody would take that statement about the crosses the wrong way. The point I was trying to make is that the confederate flag has been used (unfortunately) in a very negative manner by the folks in the dunce caps, and for that reason there are certain people who feel that if we have one on the roof of our car, then we are automatically rednecks or supporting said group. What I was getting at is that I have several shirts from various Christian events and such with crosses on them, so does that also mean that I plan to burn one in somebody's yard?? People sometimes do not like to touch on that aspect...(yes, somewhat of a harsh example, but it brings this whole ridiculous argument about the flag on the General Lee a little more into context.)

I'm gonna be sorry about this...

The whole flag thing is not abot the KKK or neo nazis or anyone else using said flag.  It is what the flag stands for, what it was created for that brings this whole controversy.

Now you can twist and turn all you want, but the fact of the matter is that this flag represents the confederacy, the states that left the union and were willing to destroy the union to maintain their life style. 

How people got to romanticize a symbol that promotes destroying the USA is a bit strange don't you think?

Yeah yeah it's a tv show, it has nothing to do with the war, blablabla.  So why did they pick that flag I wonder?  Were the producers uneducated about the matter?  Was it a mistake?  I don't think the show creators knew what they were doing, I certainly never saw anything bad in the show concerning the flag and as a kid I thought it was a neat looking flag.  Ignorance is bliss.

I do feel for the GL guys, I'm sure none of you would promote breaking up the union and get some cheap help around the house.  Would've been a lot more fun if they use the Stars and Stripes right?

You can fly your flag all you want, doesn't bother me, but never forget why it was created in the first place.

Btw, do I remember seeing a picture of a GL with Old Glory on the roof?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

BY RSCO

Quote from: Dino on December 04, 2012, 08:11:57 AM

The whole flag thing is not abot the KKK or neo nazis or anyone else using said flag.  It is what the flag stands for, what it was created for that brings this whole controversy.

Now you can twist and turn all you want, but the fact of the matter is that this flag represents the confederacy, the states that left the union and were willing to destroy the union to maintain their life style. 

How people got to romanticize a symbol that promotes destroying the USA is a bit strange don't you think?

Yeah yeah it's a tv show, it has nothing to do with the war, blablabla.  So why did they pick that flag I wonder?  Were the producers uneducated about the matter?  Was it a mistake?  I don't think the show creators knew what they were doing, I certainly never saw anything bad in the show concerning the flag and as a kid I thought it was a neat looking flag.  Ignorance is bliss.

I do feel for the GL guys, I'm sure none of you would promote breaking up the union and get some cheap help around the house.  Would've been a lot more fun if they use the Stars and Stripes right?

You can fly your flag all you want, doesn't bother me, but never forget why it was created in the first place.

Nothing to be sorry about at all making the above statement. You voiced your views very tastefully and without degrading anyone simply because of the part of the country they may be from. I say well spoken.  :2thumbs:

Dino

Quote from: BY RSCO on December 04, 2012, 08:42:13 AM
Quote from: Dino on December 04, 2012, 08:11:57 AM

Nothing to be sorry about at all making the above statement. You voiced your views very tastefully and without degrading anyone simply because of the part of the country they may be from. I say well spoken.  :2thumbs:

And I never will.  There's good and bad people everywhere. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.