News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General lee tech board.

Started by JB400, November 26, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Mods set up a technical board for GL builders

Yes
32 (45.7%)
No
38 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: December 10, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 03, 2012, 11:38:04 AM

I think Cooters' problem with rich people is there are some people that have little respect for the working guy and the things they work for.  Washington DC is a breeding ground for these people.  (NYC and LA too)  Some of these people can buy a cool car like a wing car or a hemi car and then snub others that have a lesser model car.  They go to a car show with a car they bought yesterday and expect to win the show or be the center of attention at a cruise in.  If they lose attention or a trophy to someone that spent 10 years building a nice car like a GL with less than half the money they bought thier car from, they immediately bash the person with rude comments and dismiss his car as crap.  Building a GL or some other well known replica lets the average joe be on equal terms (if not one up) the rich showoff.  Either way, both guys are fools for wanting to be the center of attention.  But, I can't blame someone for wanting some recognition for a job well done.

:2thumbs: At least someone else has figured this out...Thank You Stroker.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

skip68

This is for all of you ......talk amongst yourselves.   

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Those were both so close to being great photos.

skip68

I'm not gay but DAMN Ghoste, you looked great in those pictures.   Just some FYI, you need a tan.   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Ghoste just doesn't have a photographic eye :drool5:  Great clips skip :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Its the orange on that car that makes me look pale.  Thats what Im trying to tell you, get rid of it and they would be great pics.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2012, 12:37:51 PM
Its the orange on that car that makes me look pale.  Thats what Im trying to tell you, get rid of it and they would be great pics.

As if Yellow wouldn't??? Bout the only color I see helping out the sitch-e-ation here would be white.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

Quote from: Cooter on December 03, 2012, 12:38:57 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2012, 12:37:51 PM
Its the orange on that car that makes me look pale.  Thats what Im trying to tell you, get rid of it and they would be great pics.

As if Yellow wouldn't??? Bout the only color I see helping out the sitch-e-ation here would be white.
He'd look like he pissed on himself

Ghoste

We'll leave my drunken incontinence out of this thank you very much.

Cooter

JB400

Almost everything else has been discussed, why not :shruggy:

Dino

Hmmm...somehow I'm no longer receiving notifications for this post...and somehow I wonder why I'm complaining about that...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Back N Black

Skip, I'd give up looking for your wiener if I was you.  Maybe you should have a marshmallow instead.

I think Cooters' problem with rich people is there are some people that have little respect for the working guy and the things they work for. Because the guys is rich, doesn't mean he did not work hard for his money. I have a friend that owns a successful construction company and just paid cash for a Hemi Charger,he is just as much a car guy as you or me.  Washington DC is a breeding ground for these people.  (NYC and LA too)  Some of these people can buy a cool car like a wing car or a hemi car and then snub others that have a lesser model car. Have you ever experienced this personally? I have attended lots of car shows and never witnessed snobs driving hemi/cars. They go to a car show with a car they bought yesterday and expect to win the show or be the center of attention at a cruise in.  If they lose attention or a trophy to someone that spent 10 years building a nice car like a GL with less than half the money they bought thier car from, they immediately bash the person with rude comments and dismiss his car as crap.  Building a GL or some other well known replica lets the average joe be on equal terms (if not one up) the rich showoff.  Either way, both guys are fools for wanting to be the center of attention.  But, I can't blame someone for wanting some recognition for a job well done.

JB400

Quote from: Back N Black on December 03, 2012, 02:02:11 PM
Skip, I'd give up looking for your wiener if I was you.  Maybe you should have a marshmallow instead.

I think Cooters' problem with rich people is there are some people that have little respect for the working guy and the things they work for. Because the guys is rich, doesn't mean he did not work hard for his money. I have a friend that owns a successful construction company and just paid cash for a Hemi Charger,he is just as much a car guy as you or me.  Washington DC is a breeding ground for these people.  (NYC and LA too)  Some of these people can buy a cool car like a wing car or a hemi car and then snub others that have a lesser model car. Have you ever experienced this personally? I have attended lots of car shows and never witnessed snobs driving hemi/cars. They go to a car show with a car they bought yesterday and expect to win the show or be the center of attention at a cruise in.  If they lose attention or a trophy to someone that spent 10 years building a nice car like a GL with less than half the money they bought thier car from, they immediately bash the person with rude comments and dismiss his car as crap.  Building a GL or some other well known replica lets the average joe be on equal terms (if not one up) the rich showoff.  Either way, both guys are fools for wanting to be the center of attention.  But, I can't blame someone for wanting some recognition for a job well done.
I think you missed a key word..............SOME             

No, I have not experienced it personally, with my own cars, but there are plenty of examples on here to go by.  I will probably get to experience it first hand when my car is done.

Lennard

@ Back n Black:

We have one right here... owns a Daytona, a Hemi 4 speed Charger and probably some more expensive stuff.

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 28, 2012, 08:48:55 AM
A section titled "Clown Car Chargers" would cover all bases.  :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol:

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 03, 2012, 01:03:32 PM
Now I get it; the General Lee is the Ugly Betty of Chargers!  :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol:

bill440rt

Some of the nicest, most down to earth people that I have met over the years & become friends with were wing car owners. And some owned Hemi's.
Then again, I've met assholes with cars on the opposite end of the spectrum so all these statements we're reading really don't hold up.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Lennard

::) You probably didn't park a General Lee next to their prized possession.

JB400

It works both ways.  I for one respect anyone with a Charger or any car for that matter.  When they are a dick about it, my opinion is on them, not the type of car they own.

G-man

Good call Stroker. Ive met plenty of retards that own 'original' cars and the guy that came to a car show with his general lee was down to earth, polite and a decent guy. The original car owners I met were stuck up idiots thinking they were the best.

STIG

They're just jealous because 100% of the time the GL attracts the most attention  :icon_smile_big: :coolgleamA:
1969 Dodge Charger 'General Lee', 440 Six-Pack, Genuine Big Block, R/T SE

From way down South in the land of Kiwis.

Ghoste

Really?  Because any of the original car owners I've ever met were some of the most approachable and humble car guys I've come across.  All of them were more than willing to talk all day about cars and share information about their own tempered with a genuine interest in what others were driving.
Whereas any GL owners I've met at shows were morons who wanted to play their Dixie horns all day long and drive people away.  Most of them did donuts and burnouts around the public and when I tried to talk to talk them they wanted nothing to do with any conversation about cars.
Weird huh?

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 04, 2012, 05:25:10 AM
Really?  Because any of the original car owners I've ever met were some of the most approachable and humble car guys I've come across.  All of them were more than willing to talk all day about cars and share information about their own tempered with a genuine interest in what others were driving.
Whereas any GL owners I've met at shows were morons who wanted to play their Dixie horns all day long and drive people away.  Most of them did donuts and burnouts around the public and when I tried to talk to talk them they wanted nothing to do with any conversation about cars.
Weird huh?

Dang Ghoste, Sorry you musta ran up on some of them "Ignorant Rednecks" John K. was referring to. Notice I said SOME, because I've PERSONALLY witnessed HEMI and 440-6 People who 9 times out of 10 are purists, act that same way towards the owner of said GL.
General Lee owner is too busy babay sitting his car when 500 people constanly coming up to it looking for pictures, while the purist, HEMI owner is constanly whining to his 440-6 buddy about how "None of those "Rednecks" better think of scratching his ride with all that Stupid sh*t going on next to it"....So, bottom line is, For every ignorant post talking sh*t bout the GL owners, there's an equal and opposite post about the HEMI/440-6 purist people..Serves as a stalemate.
Tis true though, MOST HEMI/440-6 owners being purist, tend NOT to actaully run thier cars by doing burnouts and the like. Too bad the GL guys show the croud what they want to see. Weird huh?

Cooter

Quote from: STIG on December 04, 2012, 04:43:31 AM
They're just jealous because 100% of the time the GL attracts the most attention  :icon_smile_big: :coolgleamA:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Ghoste

You must be going to the same car shows as G-Man.  I can only relate my own experiences.  It is funny though how generalizations and blanket statements will label an entire group of people even though it would seem impossible to have experience with every single person in that group.

Back N Black

Quote from: STIG on December 04, 2012, 04:43:31 AM

Not everyone is looking for attention, when my car was at the paint shop the owner was trying to convince me to paint it orange or sassy grass green. He said it will really grab everybody's attention. I said, not looking for attention.
When i pull into a car show,i park it and walk around and talk to other car guys. at the end of the day i go back to my car, fire it up and leave.