News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General lee tech board.

Started by JB400, November 26, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Mods set up a technical board for GL builders

Yes
32 (45.7%)
No
38 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: December 10, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

JB400

Quote from: Cooter on December 03, 2012, 12:00:42 AM
Quote from: kikgas01 on December 02, 2012, 11:50:45 PM
Okay, how about Frank n BEANS?

With Ghoste, we don't need no stinkin' Franks and Beans....
I thought we have enough beanie weenies on here :smilielol:

Ghoste

Hey, I have nothing to do with it.  If you all feel there is still life in this thread, by all means have at it.

kikgas01

Howd ya get the beans above the frank?

JB400

We're all just trying to add some positivity to even out all the negativity on here. Enjoying cars is what it is all about, even if it's painted like the General.

Cooter

Quote from: kikgas01 on December 03, 2012, 12:07:37 AM
Howd ya get the beans above the frank?
Cause the "Richard Cranium" comes out.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2012, 12:04:43 AM
Hey, I have nothing to do with it.  If you all feel there is still life in this thread, by all means have at it.

Yet, you seem to still be replying after like what? 12 pages? Yeah, we know Ghoste, as long as you feel the life/love here, there's "life" left in the threads.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

68coronetGLwannabe

So when are you gonna paint it Orange?  :rofl:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Ghoste

You're right Cooter old boy.  Let's get 'er to lucky 13.  Yeeeeeeehaw!!!!

Cooter

I certainly feel that "Hater" comin' out in these threads. I have a dream that one day, all my Charger Purist buddies will be able to live along side their General Lee owners without judging them soley based on the color of their cars, but by the content of their cars build.

One fine day my butha frum anutha mutha.

Back N Black

Come on Cooter, you got to be the biggest hater out there. If its not orange,your hating on it. You don't like purest,don't like people with cash that buy a car completed, you believe if you don't bust your knuckles restoring these cars your not a car guy.
This should keep it going for a couple more pages........... :2thumbs:

Cooter

Quote from: Back N Black on December 03, 2012, 07:28:17 AM
Come on Cooter, you got to be the biggest hater out there. If its not orange,your hating on it. Wrong. I voted for NO GL section. I own a red and white '58 Plymouth, a gray Primer Dart, A White Challenger, A Dark Blue 66 Plymouth, A Red/Silver Ram Truck, so no merit in that one.You don't like purest,don't like people with cash that buy a car completed, you believe if you don't bust your knuckles restoring these cars your not a car guy.Again, wrong. I don't like Purists that "Hate" on the GL in almost every thread here about the GL.. I don't like Rich people because they leap frog past having to pay their dues tis true, but you don't see 3 different threads about me "Hating" on rich douches started by ME do you? I mean, nobody wants that right...
This should keep it going for a couple more pages........... :2thumbs: Not really, just this reply.

skip68

Hold on a minute Cooter.   What makes you think a rich person hasn't paid their dues?   What do you consider rich?   Lots of people that have money worked their ass off for it and lack the time and or skills to build a car.  Far as "GL haters" not liking GL owners, that can't be true either.   I had a GL and everybody liked me.  Well, almost everyone.  Those that don't like me I'll guarantee it has nothing to do with my car.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

And why does not liking the GL automatically make you a "purist"?  There are lots of non stock rebuilders who dont like GL's.

skip68

Have you guys seen my wiener? 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

kikgas01

I have had a few Generals and got compliments on them even from folks here who dont really care for Generals. I have had people ask why I painted my interior and gave a reason. (It was a mis match of different color used old panels from 4 different cars) and a response, wow that really looks good.... I never really had a issue. Everyplace full of testosterone you need to have a thick skin is all....

kikgas01

My baseball, have you seen it?

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: skip68 on December 03, 2012, 09:07:13 AM

Maybe. Remember that week you spent at my house,  :hah:
"That's us in 10 years".

skip68

No but I found my wieners ....

kikgas01

Wonder what the weinermobile would look like orange, would ya just LOOK at that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF8GhC-T_Mo

skip68

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on December 03, 2012, 09:11:39 AM

Maybe. Remember that week you spent at my house,  :hah:

Of course I do.  It was glorious.   Except for the part of making me sleep in the garage and not wanting me in the main house because of your family it was great.   

Lennard

No, and I'd like to keep it that way! ;)

Ghoste

X2, you cannot unsee something.

68coronetGLwannabe

Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2012, 08:56:50 AM
And why does not liking the GL automatically make you a "purist"?  There are lots of non stock rebuilders who dont like GL's.

Do you have proof of this or did you read it on the internet?
"That's us in 10 years".

Ghoste

Is there even proof there's an internet?  What if this is a Matrix dream?

JB400

Skip, I'd give up looking for your wiener if I was you.  Maybe you should have a marshmallow instead.

I think Cooters' problem with rich people is there are some people that have little respect for the working guy and the things they work for.  Washington DC is a breeding ground for these people.  (NYC and LA too)  Some of these people can buy a cool car like a wing car or a hemi car and then snub others that have a lesser model car.  They go to a car show with a car they bought yesterday and expect to win the show or be the center of attention at a cruise in.  If they lose attention or a trophy to someone that spent 10 years building a nice car like a GL with less than half the money they bought thier car from, they immediately bash the person with rude comments and dismiss his car as crap.  Building a GL or some other well known replica lets the average joe be on equal terms (if not one up) the rich showoff.  Either way, both guys are fools for wanting to be the center of attention.  But, I can't blame someone for wanting some recognition for a job well done.