News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General lee tech board.

Started by JB400, November 26, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Mods set up a technical board for GL builders

Yes
32 (45.7%)
No
38 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: December 10, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Cooter

Quote from: Back N Black on December 04, 2012, 07:38:43 AM
Quote from: STIG on December 04, 2012, 04:43:31 AM
They're just jealous because 100% of the time the GL attracts the most attention  :icon_smile_big: :coolgleamA:

Not everyone is looking for attention, when my car was at the paint shop the owner was trying to convince me to paint it orange or sassy grass green. He said it will really grab everybody's attention. I said, not looking for attention.
When i pull into a car show,i park it and walk around and talk to other car guys. at the end of the day i go back to my car, fire it up and leave.

Ok, ONE PERSON out of the many that would buy a HEMI anything "Simply because "they" want it to sit on the outskirts of the show".....

Anybody else buy and restore a HEMI car, invest THOUSANDS into it, only to drive out to a show and have NOBODY look at it, admire it, or even know it's on the lot???
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Back N Black

Quote from: Cooter on December 04, 2012, 07:41:16 AM
Quote from: Back N Black on December 04, 2012, 07:38:43 AM
Quote from: STIG on December 04, 2012, 04:43:31 AM
They're just jealous because 100% of the time the GL attracts the most attention  :icon_smile_big: :coolgleamA:

Not everyone is looking for attention, when my car was at the paint shop the owner was trying to convince me to paint it orange or sassy grass green. He said it will really grab everybody's attention. I said, not looking for attention.
When i pull into a car show,i park it and walk around and talk to other car guys. at the end of the day i go back to my car, fire it up and leave.

Ok, ONE PERSON out of the many that would buy a HEMI anything "Simply because "they" want it to sit on the outskirts of the show".....

Anybody else buy and restore a HEMI car, invest THOUSANDS into it, only to drive out to a show and have NOBODY look at it, admire it, or even know it's on the lot???

I don't park at the outskirts of the show, i park with the rest of the cars. I just don't sit next to my car and babysit. I like to mingle, i don't really give a shit what people say about my car.

Ghoste

Why is it so difficult for the GL purists to understand that the non GL purists could not care less how many people climb all over your car every time you park it?  Why is it so diificult for the Hemi devotee to understand that the GL purists crave people running up to their car and begging them to blow the horn?  
For the same reason some like chocolate and some like vanilla.  Most people I know think that Friends was a stupid show but it was a smash hit for years so someone was clearly watching it.  My wife hates the 69 Charger.  She doesn't care how wide the valve covers are or whose flag you paint on the roof, she thinks they are all ugly (she refers to them as "little old lady cars").  Do you think the GTO freak cares about which side is right in this stalemate?
This is going to go on and on and in the end no one is going to be swayed to the other point of view but lets not stop.  I'll keep throwing my opinion in too because I am every bit as stupid and stubborn as the rest of you.

Dino

I don't go to shows at all!  I'm a triple dipping douchemeister! 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

skip68

People are people. Assholes cover all walks of life from the upper class neighborhoods to the trailer parks.   A car doesn't make the man, that was only true in high-school.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

So, it seems everyone on here is basing thier opinions of the GL solely on how they were treated at a car show/s? :shruggy:  What did you do, fall asleep under the car, and wake up and bang your head?  You must have done it too many times.  The purist and GL guys on here need to open the garage door and let the smoke out.  Your experiences at a car show shouldn't be how you judge someone on here.

Ghoste

Why not?  Its impossible to meet everybody so whats wrong with basing my judgement on the few I can? 

68coronetGLwannabe

Thats it. I'm taking my General Lee and leaving and never coming back. I will ask the Mods to delete my account. This pissing match over the GL is ridiculous.

PS. I will miss Skip68 the most
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Lennard

Quote from: Ghoste on December 04, 2012, 11:53:02 AM
Why not?  Its impossible to meet everybody so whats wrong with basing my judgement on the few I can?  
That is called being narrow minded.

JB400

That seems to be quite ignorant in my opinion.  Obviously, you like to stereotype people.  For me personally, I like to make my judgement of a person based on the actual person, not on what they like and don't like.  You just hung youself IMO

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 04, 2012, 07:56:33 AM
 I'll keep throwing my opinion in too because I am every bit as stupid and stubborn as the rest of you.
As Long as your opinion doesn't call me an "Ignorant Redneck" for flying the stars and bars,, we's good Ghoste.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Lennard

Quote from: Ghoste on December 04, 2012, 07:56:33 AM
I'll keep throwing my opinion in too because I am every bit as stupid and stubborn as the rest of you.
:iamwithstupid:

Ghoste

Quote from: Lennard on December 04, 2012, 12:10:12 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 04, 2012, 11:53:02 AM
Why not?  Its impossible to meet everybody so whats wrong with basing my judgement on the few I can? 

That is called being narrow minded.

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 04, 2012, 12:11:33 PM
That seems to be quite ignorant in my opinion.  Obviously, you like to stereotype people.  For me personally, I like to make my judgement of a person based on the actual person, not on what they like and don't like.  You just hung youself IMO

You do understand the concept of sarcasm right?  You need to read just a few tiny posts back if you don't understand where I was drawing this chestnut from.  As for hanging myself...

JB400

Call it stupidity for posting it then  :P

Ghoste

I think I'll stand by what I posted and consider the source for the last couple of comments.  How does that grab you?

Cooter

JB400

Hasn't even gotten close to touching me. :icon_smile_big:  But, if you want to stand on uneven ground, by all means go ahead. I will still call it a stupid way of thinking.  I'm on concrete on that one.

Cooter

So grab what on loose concrete? Wait, I'm confused now. Dammit Stroker. :lol:

Dino

Quote from: Cooter on December 04, 2012, 12:49:50 PM
So grab what on loose concrete? Wait, I'm confused now. Dammit Stroker. :lol:

LOL   :lol:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

skip68

Quote from: 68coronetGLwannabe on December 04, 2012, 12:08:40 PM
Thats it. I'm taking my General Lee and leaving and never coming back. I will ask the Mods to delete my account. This pissing match over the GL is ridiculous.

No, you're not going to leave like this...
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Quote from: skip68 on December 04, 2012, 12:58:49 PM

No, you're not going to leave like this...
If Skip says you can't go, you can't go.  He's captain on board this ship.  I just hope he doesn't hit an iceburg again :-\

Back N Black

Another option is not to read threads pertaining to General Lee.  :scratchchin:

Ghoste

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 04, 2012, 12:44:15 PM
Hasn't even gotten close to touching me. :icon_smile_big:  But, if you want to stand on uneven ground, by all means go ahead. I will still call it a stupid post.  I'm on concrete on that one.

Call it what you like and stand where you please.  I still consider the source.

JB400

Whatever.  Your boat. I suggest you get the one with the monkeys.  They have paddles. :icon_smile_tongue:

On a side note, I read the whole page before any drawing conclusions which led to my original post

Back N Black

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 04, 2012, 03:43:56 PM
Whatever.  Your boat. I suggest you get the one with the monkeys.  They have paddles. :icon_smile_tongue:

On a side note, I read the whole page before any drawing conclusions which led to my original post

you have 21 days and over 3200 post on DC.Com, maybe its time to take a breather. :icon_smile_big: :nana: