News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General lee tech board.

Started by JB400, November 26, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Mods set up a technical board for GL builders

Yes
32 (45.7%)
No
38 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: December 10, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

JB400

I doubt that.  You going one week without bashing GL would be like Skip going without telling a joke or a single prank for the same period.

Cooter

Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2012, 12:59:35 PM
CDR, Does the globe that members from the south use not have east & west.   It seems like everything turns into a north & south fight.  Glad I'm from the west aka the neutral zone....    

Actually Skip, it does. We just refer to ALL who don't live in the south as "Yankees".

Whether you make a "lateral" move and go out west(Where coincidently, most all southerners I know think are crazy and will end up in the ocean sooner or later), or stay up North, it's the way you act towards the Southerners defines whther or not your a "Damn Yankee".
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 02:43:52 PM
You don't need to crush a GL, eventually some jackass will try and jump it and they compacted from the bottom up that way.  It's more like death by natural selection.

And I didn't see you or any other member here offering to buy the Charger that was offered up for sale,about to be jumped. Gotta let go of that hate man. It ain't healthy.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

If that's the one I think it is, they was selling that car after it was to be jumped.  They just listed it before they jumped it.

Ghoste

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 01, 2012, 03:21:11 PM
I doubt that.  You going one week without bashing GL would be like Skip going without telling a joke or a single prank for the same period.

Yes, you clearly have me all figured out and have been following my every post from week to week.  ::)

JB400

Cooter

So now is it an "Arguement"? Or is it still a "Discussion" with taunts thrown in disguised as "Humor"?

Ghoste

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 01, 2012, 03:51:00 PM
:leaving:

Dude, I just cannot for the life of me figure out when you are joking and when you are provoking.

G-man

Quote from: Cooter on December 01, 2012, 10:59:15 AM
Quote from: G-man on December 01, 2012, 05:44:35 AM
Quote from: Cooter on November 29, 2012, 07:16:58 AM
Quote from: G-man on November 29, 2012, 04:32:32 AM
We all know a GL is Hemi Orange. Its an Orange with a redish tinge to it. If anyone disagrees with that, get your bloody eyes checked cause you are clearly colour blind.

And I ask for your PROOF.

If you are colour blind, it aint my problem to prove it. Just open your eyes and its proven.

Yet, Again, Proof, or it's just another unsubstantiated opinion. And I took 4 years of Art studies. I know my primary colors and the spectrum charts, so that kinda rules out the "Color Blind" thing. All I ask for is your proof of said Hemi orange color that was applied to the GL. If you cannot provide proof, all of your statements about color are just specualtion and nothing more.

Since you did 4 years of art class and know your colour spectrum then you know the orangy/red colour i mentioned is correct.  :Twocents:

Ghoste, you hate GL but GL is a 69 Charger. GL isnt a car, its a paint job. The Car is a 69 Charger. So you cant hate the car and yet same time like the car. You can hate the paint only. Far as I remember however, NASCARS all had numbers on the doors, do you hate them to then since the paints pretty much the same (besides the flag)?

skip68

They're provoking jokes.   :smilielol:   

What the hell are you guys still doing here?   I took lunch and you guys are still at it. 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

kikgas01

I ate and had a adult beverage....... having another too....

Ghoste

Quote from: G-man on December 01, 2012, 06:48:34 PMGhoste, you hate GL but GL is a 69 Charger. GL isnt a car, its a paint job. The Car is a 69 Charger. So you cant hate the car and yet same time like the car. You can hate the paint only. Far as I remember however, NASCARS all had numbers on the doors, do you hate them to then since the paints pretty much the same (besides the flag)?

Because when they paint it all up like a clown car that way it looks stupîd therefore I hate it.  It no longer represents a proud automotive model known as Charger it becomes a goofy sham and an icon for a stereotype culture that should stay in the backwoods where it belongs.  I pretty much hate NASCAR too but it isn`t the numbers on the doors so much (though you guessed correctly, I hate that too) as it is the weekly drama its become.  Its like the WWF of motorsports and Im pretty sure the races are all fixed.

skip68

Whoa there pumpkin.   Are you saying that the WWF isn't real?     :shruggy:   

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

I think I'm going to lock this thread. 

Fred

Quote from: G-man on December 01, 2012, 06:48:34 PM

Ghoste, you hate GL but GL is a 69 Charger. GL isnt a car, its a paint job. The Car is a 69 Charger. So you cant hate the car and yet same time like the car. You can hate the paint only.

That's what I've been saying all along and I'm saying it again even though I was told to butt out by a loved one.  :nana:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

skip68

The south will rize aging mot$&# Fu&$%#  where's my honey boo boo? .

bill440rt

Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2012, 07:32:27 PM
I think I'm going to lock this thread. 

Please, it can't come soon enough.
:dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock: :dancinglock:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

rebby

Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

General_01

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 07:19:19 PM
Quote from: G-man on December 01, 2012, 06:48:34 PMGhoste, you hate GL but GL is a 69 Charger. GL isnt a car, its a paint job. The Car is a 69 Charger. So you cant hate the car and yet same time like the car. You can hate the paint only. Far as I remember however, NASCARS all had numbers on the doors, do you hate them to then since the paints pretty much the same (besides the flag)?

Because when they paint it all up like a clown car that way it looks stupîd therefore I hate it.  It no longer represents a proud automotive model known as Charger it becomes a goofy sham and an icon for a stereotype culture that should stay in the backwoods where it belongs.  I pretty much hate NASCAR too but it isn`t the numbers on the doors so much (though you guessed correctly, I hate that too) as it is the weekly drama its become.  Its like the WWF of motorsports and Im pretty sure the races are all fixed.

If I understand Ghoste, I think a lot of Charger fan's problem with the GL lover is that they love the GL, not the Charger. If the GL had been a Buick Skylark, GL owners would be on a Buick site debating what color the car was really painted and have a Buick Skylark. I can tell you that, yes, most of the population knows the General Lee, but they don't know what a Charger is. You could paint a Coronet up like the GL and get the same reaction you get with a '69 Charger painted as the GL. People are not reacting to how cool the "car" is, put how cool the "character" is.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

Dean, you hit the nail on the head.    :yesnod:

areibel

Nine pages and still going!  Definitely needs to change directions, the whole GL thing is gettin old.

Let's change the subject.  Why do you think 69 Chargers are superior all other years? :nana:

G-man

Quote from: General_01 on December 01, 2012, 09:22:33 PM

Because when they paint it all up like a clown car that way it looks stupîd therefore I hate it.  It no longer represents a proud automotive model known as Charger it becomes a goofy sham and an icon for a stereotype culture that should stay in the backwoods where it belongs.  I pretty much hate NASCAR too but it isn`t the numbers on the doors so much (though you guessed correctly, I hate that too) as it is the weekly drama its become.  Its like the WWF of motorsports and Im pretty sure the races are all fixed.

If I understand Ghoste, I think a lot of Charger fan's problem with the GL lover is that they love the GL, not the Charger. If the GL had been a Buick Skylark, GL owners would be on a Buick site debating what color the car was really painted and have a Buick Skylark. I can tell you that, yes, most of the population knows the General Lee, but they don't know what a Charger is. You could paint a Coronet up like the GL and get the same reaction you get with a '69 Charger painted as the GL. People are not reacting to how cool the "car" is, put how cool the "character" is.

That doesnt work. Ive seen pcitures of Clowns painting everything and anything with 01 on the doors and a flag on the roof, even a V-Dub beatle. It most definitely is the fact its a Charger.

To me Id have the GL without the Flag. Just Orange Charger with 01 on doors to have a racey theme to it. To me that looks fine. The whole crap that goes along with some fanatics about GL's and all that other garbage that goes along, yeah, I hate that, not the car though. Its still a very nice car.

At least it's not repeating itself quite like the volt thread yet. If it does get locked someone will surely start another one 2 days later, this will continue till summer rolls around again.  :slap:

General_01

Quote from: G-man on December 01, 2012, 10:21:11 PM
Quote from: General_01 on December 01, 2012, 09:22:33 PM

Because when they paint it all up like a clown car that way it looks stupîd therefore I hate it.  It no longer represents a proud automotive model known as Charger it becomes a goofy sham and an icon for a stereotype culture that should stay in the backwoods where it belongs.  I pretty much hate NASCAR too but it isn`t the numbers on the doors so much (though you guessed correctly, I hate that too) as it is the weekly drama its become.  Its like the WWF of motorsports and Im pretty sure the races are all fixed.

That doesnt work. Ive seen pcitures of Clowns painting everything and anything with 01 on the doors and a flag on the roof, even a V-Dub beatle. It most definitely is the fact its a Charger.

To me Id have the GL without the Flag. Just Orange Charger with 01 on doors to have a racey theme to it. To me that looks fine. The whole crap that goes along with some fanatics about GL's and all that other garbage that goes along, yeah, I hate that, not the car though. Its still a very nice car.

So your telling me that GL owners have a GL because it is a Charger? I doubt that. I would say that they have a Charger because it was the GL. I grew up watching the GL and wanted a GL. I would have bought whatever car the series had used because I wanted a GL. The mere fact that it was a Charger was a side benefit.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Ghoste

Now its a chicken or egg issue, awesome, we haven't "discussed" that one in a long time.