News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General lee tech board.

Started by JB400, November 26, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Mods set up a technical board for GL builders

Yes
32 (45.7%)
No
38 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: December 10, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Cooter

Nope, the votes are (Cough, chads), ....in...

8 pages and kicking....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

skip68

Just for the record, I used 69 chevy hugger orange on my GL.    :nana:   Sorry cooter but I'm no doctor.   I just enjoy watching people cry.   :drool5:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2012, 12:03:16 PM
Just for the record, I used 69 chevy hugger orange on my GL.    :nana:   Sorry cooter but I'm no doctor.   I just enjoy watching people cry.   :drool5:

Well you certainly can't be a doctor and enjoy watching thr haters painful crying now can you?

Say it with me Skip. "Well, I'm sure some of the GL's were painted all different shades of Orange/red. HO may well have been one of them"..

Repeat 5-6 times daily, you are well on your way!
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

JB400

Yeah, your good at making people cry :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

For the record, Skips hijack was one page.

Cooter

So the "REAL" question I want to know is......

When does a thread go from a "Discussion" to an "Arguement" ?

I once read a thread somewhere about TA Challengers(Were they previously driven for so many miles before being offered for sale). That seemed to be a "Discussion" disguised as an "Arguement"...Hmmmm.

If some are involved in a "Discussion" about the DOH/GL, and Purists come in, does it automatically go to an "Arguement"?

What if said subject was 426 Hemi cars and their "Numbers matching" offered for sale? Is it a "Discussion", or "Arguement"?

JB400

We are still having a discussion.  We need more angry people posting to have an argument.

Back N Black

I think all GL's should be crushed. :icon_smile_wink:

Cooter

Quote from: Back N Black on December 01, 2012, 12:16:08 PM

So now it's an "Arguement"? Wait, I'm confused.  What if they were HEMI powered GL's? Crush or not?

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Cooter on December 01, 2012, 12:17:08 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on December 01, 2012, 12:16:08 PM

So now it's an "Arguement"? Wait, I'm confused.  What if they were HEMI powered GL's? Crush or not?

you dont crush 440 Hemis they go to heaven.....

cdr

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:24:59 AM
Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2012, 11:18:57 AM
The GENERAL LEE would blow away the DMCL Charger any day.   The General was a race car.....DMCL was just a regular Charger....    :rofl:

No way, the GL was made by a bunch of hillbillies but the DMCL Charger was built by Deke, a leading mechanic on the circuit, and driven by Larry who didn't give a shit about anybody that hadn't won daytona twice.   Larry was always willing to take it to the max.

this site & others just love to slam people from the south,,I AM GETTIN REAL TIRED OF IT,I HAVE A GREAT SINCE humor but the continual slam is really getting old, alot of people from the north think people from the south are stupid dumb a-- hillbillies,well guess what? i am very proud to be from the south  :yesnod:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

skip68

Quote from: cdr on December 01, 2012, 12:31:30 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:24:59 AM
Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2012, 11:18:57 AM

this site & others just love to slam people from the south,,I AM GETTIN REAL TIRED OF IT,I HAVE A GREAT SINCE humor but the continual slam is really getting old, alot of people from the north think people from the south are stupid dumb a-- hillbillies,well guess what? i am very proud to be from the south  :yesnod:

This is your answer CDR.    :rofl:   Sorry, but I couldn't help myself.    :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

cdr

:smilielol: :smilielol: its ok DOC  my spelling is getting worse from my illness !  glad i can laugh about it  :lol:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

General_01

WTF?! This is why specific GL area is not needed. This thread has gone totally chaotic.

The real qeustion is: Do we need any sort of specific GL area? The answer is NO. Just like it is no for a DMCL area, just like it is no for a F&F Charger area, just like it is no for a Bullitt Charger area. The GL fans who think it is no because "Everybody hates the GL enthusiast" are not being realistic.

If you have a GL, join the www.cglfc.com .  It is kind of a pain, but the knowledge and info available there is huge. Once you get there you can do a search on any topic concerning the GL. Every topic has probably been discussed about 20 times each.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

skip68

CDR, Does the globe that members from the south use not have east & west.   It seems like everything turns into a north & south fight.  Glad I'm from the west aka the neutral zone....    :nana:   Don't worry, I've got BAD spelling to.  Just for the record, what is a "since humor" ?  does it taste like chicken?    :rofl:   OK CDR, it's your turn to rip on me.  I've got it coming.    :icon_smile_wink:

cdr

Quote from: General_01 on December 01, 2012, 12:56:53 PM
WTF?! This is why specific GL area is not needed. This thread has gone totally chaotic.

The real qeustion is: Do we need any sort of specific GL area? The answer is NO. Just like it is no for a DMCL area, just like it is no for a F&F Charger area, just like it is no for a Bullitt Charger area. The GL fans who think it is no because "Everybody hates the GL enthusiast" are not being realistic.

If you have a GL, join the www.cglfc.com .  It is kind of a pain, but the knowledge and info available there is huge. Once you get there you can do a search on any topic concerning the GL. Every topic has probably been discussed about 20 times each.

after all this you would be correct! i really want to change my vote

cdr

Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2012, 12:59:35 PM
CDR, Does the globe that members from the south use not have east & west.   It seems like everything turns into a north & south fight.  Glad I'm from the west aka the neutral zone....    :nana:   Don't worry, I've got BAD spelling to.  Just for the record, what is a "since humor" ?  does it taste like chicken?    :rofl:   OK CDR, it's your turn to rip on me.  I've got it coming.    :icon_smile_wink:

since humor runs in my family ,i cant stop laughing at myself  :smilielol:

actually i am almost dead center south,,,way south ,way way south 

skip68

:cheers: :rofl:  That's good.  Gotta laugh at the small stuff.     :icon_smile_wink:

Ghoste

You don't need to crush a GL, eventually some jackass will try and jump it and they compacted from the bottom up that way.  It's more like death by natural selection.

mauve66

i don't think it should be dukes free either.  i used to be on www.rumblebee.org when i had my daytona, it had a section for bee's, tonas, hemisports, SRT10.  they are all the same trk except for maybe the srt10 and then its basically trans and motor seperate.  easily done in its own tech section.  it was a pain trying remember what section you saw a certain thread in and if you didn't type the search word exactly like the original poster then you'd search for awhile
a GL is a basic charger with different paint, should we have a section for just road racing chargers or pro touring chargers? or a hemi section or a 440 section or a /6 section.  everyone benifits from exposure to different info.................. or we might think those GL folks are special......... ;D
aero cars may be chargers or that plymouth......... but they are ALOT different than just a charger
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

JB400

It's not just the GL that will become a victim.  Everybody knows the relation between a GL and a Charger.  Any Charger will fall victim just because it's a charger and so was the GL.  Any charger will be susceptible to this kind of carnage.  Same way with wing cars.  There will always be an idiot that will thing it can fly

Ghoste

Quote from: mauve66 on December 01, 2012, 02:51:04 PM
i don't think it should be dukes free either. 

Oh God no, neither do I. Thats part of why I don't endorse the idea of a separate GL section, I think there is far more overall benefit to the forum with GL topics where they are now. 

JB400

It would be just one less section in here that you wouldn't visit.

Ghoste

How would you know which sections I visit and which ones I don't and why?

JB400

Simply put, I read most threads that are in a variety of sections.  Besides, I believe you mentioned somewhere of not looking at the Off Topic section too much.  On a side note:  Skip is spying on me.  I have to watch my back. :rofl:

Ghoste

You're right of course, if there is a separate DOH or GL section I will never go there. ::)