News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General lee tech board.

Started by JB400, November 26, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should the Mods set up a technical board for GL builders

Yes
32 (45.7%)
No
38 (54.3%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: December 10, 2012, 04:44:52 PM

Ghoste

Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2012, 11:18:57 AM
The GENERAL LEE would blow away the DMCL Charger any day.   The General was a race car.....DMCL was just a regular Charger....    :rofl:

No way, the GL was made by a bunch of hillbillies but the DMCL Charger was built by Deke, a leading mechanic on the circuit, and driven by Larry who didn't give a shit about anybody that hadn't won daytona twice.   Larry was always willing to take it to the max.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:12:05 AM
Quote from: Cooter on December 01, 2012, 11:04:24 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:02:16 AM
Quote from: 440 on December 01, 2012, 10:57:42 AM
The DMCL Charger would probably have suffered the same if it had caught on like the Dukes.

(except when I'm at a Corvette show and the only Mopar there is a GL and then I love it)

As are many "Hemi/OEM/Purist/Haters" of The General Lee...

And sadly, DOH purist hemihaters seem to have such tunnel vision that they can't reciprocate.  Or do they?  Do they love Chargers?  Apparently you only love Chargers if you also love the GL but if you love Hemis you are a douchebag.  I'm getting so confused with all this finger pointing and rock throwing that I just don't know anymore what I love or who I hate.
This is truly the Charger Apocolypse.  Damn those Mayans.  This is the Book of Revelations brought forth unto the Charger driver heretics but who are the heretics and who are faithful?  I don't know I don't know I just want to run screaming like that freaky dude that posed for Munch.

It really isn't all that hard to comprehend Ghoste..We GL fans usually never start these type threads here, it's always the other way around.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:24:59 AM
The GENERAL LEE would blow away the DMCL Charger any day.   The General was a race car.....DMCL was just a regular Charger....    :rofl:

No way, the GL was made by a bunch of hillbillies but the DMCL Charger was built by Deke, a leading mechanic on the circuit, and driven by Larry who didn't give a shit about anybody that hadn't won daytona twice.   Larry was always willing to take it to the max.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY! Of course, I reallize this is a joke, but some might actually believe "Deke" and "larry" Weren't Hillbillies. "Larry" Never "Took it to the max" like Bo and Luke did...Never. They actually left the ground in their Charger.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Deke and Larry were driving in flat country with bridges in place.  As driver he proved he was as a capable of a jump as any Duke boy when the drawbridge went up on the Chevy.

JB400

Quote from: Cooter on December 01, 2012, 11:28:19 AM
The GENERAL LEE would blow away the DMCL Charger any day.   The General was a race car.....DMCL was just a regular Charger....    :rofl:

No way, the GL was made by a bunch of hillbillies but the DMCL Charger was built by Deke, a leading mechanic on the circuit, and driven by Larry who didn't give a shit about anybody that hadn't won daytona twice.   Larry was always willing to take it to the max.

NOW THAT'S FUNNY! Of course, I reallize this is a joke, but some might actually believe "Deke" and "larry" Weren't Hillbillies. "Larry" Never "Took it to the max" like Bo and Luke did...Never. They actually left the ground in their Charger.
Besides, Deke was stupid and drove the car into a train.  Dukes would have jumped it

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:31:41 AM
Deke and Larry were driving in flat country with bridges in place.  As driver he proved he was as a capable of a jump as any Duke boy when the drawbridge went up on the Chevy.

Um, In a Charger...Did you read my post???? Taking it to the max, involves at least destroying one or more Chargers in a jump of some sort.
"Larry" just never had the balls. He just plowed into everything around. Kinda reminds me of "Days of Thunder", when dude asked him to "Hit the pace car" becasue he hit everything else.

Chris G.

Quote from: Cooter on December 01, 2012, 11:24:21 AM
Wow, out of left field, the haters come.

Where did you see that I am hating? I pointed out facts, which is that GL owners and fans argue all the time about the things I listed...that's a fact. Purists may argue about the same things, but take a look in the mirror before you slam purists and Vette owners and label them "douchebags"...YOU are NO different. For every Vette/Purist d-bag owner, there's a GL d-bag owner right there with him.

I don't hate the GL and I am no purist.

skip68

The DMCL folks died from one big chase with the law.    The Dukes was a runnin from the law for years.    ;)  Bo could outdrive Larry any day of the week.    Larry was a stoner.  I have pictures.   :cheers: :nana: :rofl:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on December 01, 2012, 11:32:24 AM
Quote from: Cooter on December 01, 2012, 11:28:19 AM

Besides, Deke was stupid and drove the car into a train.  Dukes would have jumped it

And Bo and Luke would have done it with some sort of Positive, "Family" message involved...unlike the Drunken, drugged up, hippy, dazed and confused, "Larry,Marry, and Deke" did. They were just idiots flying around ina Charger.  Destroying yet another piece of Americana so as to make 1969 Chargers more harder to find today..Damn that movie. Tore up Three whole Perfectly good Chargers. When there were like 300K made. What were those hippies thinking back in 1971???

Ghoste

He only hit the train because Supercrotch distracted him.  At least he wasn't hitting on his cousin.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:37:31 AM
He only hit the train because Supercrotch distracted him.  At least he wasn't hitting on his cousin.

We don't know she wasn't his cousin...I ask for your PROOF!

Ghoste

Quote from: Cooter on December 01, 2012, 11:37:18 AM
And Bo and Luke would have done it with some sort of Positive, "Family" message involved...unlike the Drunken, drugged up, hippy, dazed and confused, "Larry,Marry, and Deke" did. They were just idiots flying around ina Charger.  Destryoing yet anothe piece of AMericana so as to make 1969 Chargers more harder to find today..Damn that movie.

Yeah, real positive bunch of moonshining incestuous vandals that Duke family.  And drugs?  Come on, are you really going to ignore uncel Jesse in the movie with his pot smoking endorsement?

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:40:31 AM
Quote from: Cooter on December 01, 2012, 11:37:18 AM
And Bo and Luke would have done it with some sort of Positive, "Family" message involved...unlike the Drunken, drugged up, hippy, dazed and confused, "Larry,Marry, and Deke" did. They were just idiots flying around ina Charger.  Destryoing yet anothe piece of AMericana so as to make 1969 Chargers more harder to find today..Damn that movie.

Yeah, real positive bunch of moonshining incestuous vandals that Duke family.  And drugs?  Come on, are you really going to ignore uncel Jesse in the movie with his pot smoking endorsement?

Why Ghoste, I'm surprized. Any "True" DOH fan knows the "Movie" wasn't the DOH and the TV SHOW is what we are referring to here. Please try and keep up kid.

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:37:31 AM
He only hit the train because Supercrotch distracted him.  At least he wasn't hitting on his cousin.
excuses excuses excuses   If memory serves me, I think thet spent as much time getting away from girls as they did chasing them.  Daisy spent more time flirting with her cousins, then they did with her

Ghoste

:blahblah: Whatever.  GL's are still stupid and I hate them.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:49:21 AM
:blahblah: Whatever.  GL's are still stupid and I hate them.

Gotta let that go man, Hate will tear you apart.(leads to "Purist-ism"). PSSST, I won't tell anybody that you secretly like the GL and what it stands for if you won't tell that I secretly like the 426 Hemi.  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

LOL.  If anyone is paying close attention they would likely know that both facts aren't much of a secret.

JB400

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:49:21 AM
:blahblah: Whatever.  GL's are still stupid and I hate them.
Contradicting yourself again

Cooter

Maybe we need a "Rehab" board for all haters. Be it GL haters, or Purist haters.

That way, we can sing Kum-by-Ya around the campfire, "puff a fatty" and all just get along...Like peace, love, hair grease, and all that flowery sh*t.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 01, 2012, 11:54:22 AM
LOL.  If anyone is paying close attention they would likely know that both facts aren't much of a secret.

I know your hurting Ghoste. I been where you are. The sooner you let go of all that anger towards the DOH and all things GL, you will become a better Purist. No, Really I've personally seen it. Major transformation. You need an "Intervention".

Now say it with me..."The General Lee did more for the saving of all present 1969 Chargers than any purist hating on them ever did"..

Repeat four to six times daily. YOu are well on your way my man!

skip68

:scratchchin:   Soooooooooooo, does this mean we're not getting a section for the GL?   :shruggy:   I would think Troy or any moderator would grant this request after seeing this thread.    :rofl:

JB400

We have a rehab thread.  We just need a new doc.  This one is slacking off a little bit. Or busy with the nurses :D

Cooter

Dr Skip. I have already prescribed meds for the haters. It is up to you to do the shrinking.. :2thumbs:

JB400

Quote from: skip68 on December 01, 2012, 11:59:12 AM
:scratchchin:   Soooooooooooo, does this mean we're not getting a section for the GL?   :shruggy:   I would think Troy or any moderator would grant this request after seeing this thread.    :rofl:
I think it does show there is enough interest in it.