News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NYPD, First to try the Dodge Charger

Started by BB1, February 10, 2006, 01:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

Delete my profile

Ghoste

Same reason that DCX marketing thought Charger was the perfect name for their new family sedan.  Because everyone has seen the DOH and knows they drove a Charger.  Just a recognition tie-in.

4402tuff4u

Yes I saw that this morning when I picked up Newsday off my driveway. I thought they were already used in Florida, I belive in Brower county. Maybe Wakko would know. NYC just ordered 15 magnums and 10 of them will be fitted with Hemi's, the rest will have 6 cyl. They sure look mean with the push bar and everything. Maybe in several years when they become surplus, maybe pick one up with a Hemi for ten cents on the dollar!
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

bad1032

Maryland State Police Are Getting them as well

Brock Samson

Undercover cops here have had them for a couple Mos. now...

Ghoste

It looks more natural in that guise than with those stripes DCX keeps putting on them.

Lightning

lucky cops up there....Volusia county loves the Crown Vics for some reason, same with Edgewater PD and New Smyrna Beach PD.

to qoute one of the officers when I asked them when they were getting the Chargers and Magnums "As long as Ford keeps making the Crown Vic, Volusia County will keep buying them!"  idoitic Ford buyers.....at least they didnt buy any Chevys...
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

Charger_Fan

I always did think they looked best as a cop car.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

andy74

i have had a bunch of people ask me about ordering them a cop spec car for civilian use,magnum and chagnums-you can get a hemi with column shift and cloth seats!have a magnum coming for the local fire chief,should be here within the next month

Just 6T9 CHGR

I would love to get pulled over by one while driving in my 69.....great photo op! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on February 10, 2006, 04:43:00 PM
I would love to get pulled over by one while driving in my 69.....great photo op! ;)

Be careful what you wish for Chris. The thought of your car in a NY impound lot makes me shutter.  :scared:

Oh yeah, you in jail probably wouldn't be good either.  ;)  ;D
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

ChgrSteve67

At least I will be able to see a cop sneeking up on my ass from behind again.
The last 10 years the nose on those Fords look just like everyone else until they turn on the lights.