News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rechroming Dash Bezels

Started by johnnyseville, November 22, 2012, 09:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyseville

Normally I think of Mr G's, used them many years ago and were OK, but been hearing not so good things lately, has anyone used another service and been very satisfied, how was cost.  Would like to do all 3 , including radio bezel and one above glove box.  What kind of turnaround time is involved?  Any recommendations would be appreciated, thanks.   BTW.. saw a complete repro set for $375, is this better than having the originals redone?
too many to list!

JB400

Some people have had some fitment issues with the reproductions.  I think it'd probably be best to redo your original ones.  The expense will be worth it.  At least it should be.

Ghoste

There seem to have been a few threads on this of late.  I tend to agree, if your originals are good from a fit standpoint and relatively free of cuts and gouges I'd replate them.

johnnyseville

I figured that, nothing like the original, but then the question is who is reliable.  I hear of some place taking a year to do them and others messing them up.   Who to go to :shruggy:
too many to list!

FJ5WING

I think the problem is the number of people that do that process are disappearing quickly.

If you have a contact for someone thats actually doing it and not saying they CAN do it let me know. I have my originals just in case, but my repops look GREAT!
wingless now, but still around.

Ghoste

I agreee, I think that is the bigger problem too.

Dino

Be aware that some of these places take your original set and may send you another.  I would hope that they actually restore your own set if you ask them, but I'd still mark them in a way only I can tell to make sure they did what I asked.

If you're good with paint, check out my instrument cluster resto thread for a third option.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

johnnyseville

Has anyone dealt with this company?  Called them, seemed honest :shruggy:, but who knows,  Anyone hear something one way or another?  He quoted $450 for all 5 pieces.

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Dash_Stuff/Restoration/68-70_B-body_Rallye_Bezels.htm
too many to list!

Ghoste

Performance Car Graphics have a good reputation.

johnnyseville

Thanks, good to know.  He said he does a batch every few months, but happens to have a complete set available now to swap with me.  Should I wait and have him use mine, or take the set he already has.  I have a feeling the answer will be to wait and have my originals done, but figured I would ask anyway.
too many to list!

ODZKing

David is a great guy.  I had a emission sticker that he did not have, so I took detailed pictures of it and sent it to them.
They reproduced the sticker and now have it available.  He always answered my e-mails and quite cordial at Carlisle when I stopped by to say hello and thank you for the great job.
I would trust them.
:2thumbs:
Quote from: Ghoste on November 25, 2012, 01:44:45 PM
Performance Car Graphics have a good reputation.

469 runner

Performance Car Graphics does do great work, and David is a really nice person to work with, but it does take them some time to get stuff done...but always top quality.  Having said that, David has had my bezels now for quite awhile.  He told me plater died and he is trying to find someone else.  Yes, fewer and fewer folks are doing this kind of work.