News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK, opening a can of worms, but, What is so Great about the General Lee?

Started by johnnyseville, November 20, 2012, 09:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68coronetGLwannabe

I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Cooter

Quote from: skip68 on December 03, 2012, 12:24:41 AM
Have you guys seen this picture?  

Wow Skippy, what color is that? Blue? Looks killer, but i see the grille isn't finished yet. Missing something in the middle.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

skip68

The car wasn't always going to be a GL so it remained a 68.  The paint is 69 GM hugger orange with a white undercoat.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: skip68 on December 02, 2012, 11:47:23 PM
There's no place for a woman's opinion here, right guys?   I believe the dishes need cleaning.   Sorry about this gentlemen, now back  as you were.  

Well, it is a proven fact why women's feet are smaller than men's feet; it's so they can get closer to the stove.

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 03, 2012, 06:49:09 AM

Well, it is a proven fact why women's feet are smaller than men's feet; it's so they can get closer to the stove.

And it's no wonder your "Turbinsdurti".

skip68

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 03, 2012, 06:49:09 AM
Quote from: skip68 on December 02, 2012, 11:47:23 PM
There's no place for a woman's opinion here, right guys?   I believe the dishes need cleaning.   Sorry about this gentlemen, now back  as you were.  

Yes!  It's pure science.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Quote from: Cooter on December 03, 2012, 07:23:27 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2012, 06:27:38 AM
For the most part the push bar would obscure that anyway.

Um, .....nope.

In all honesty Cooter, and I fully realize only from a personal perspective, but that is one of the reasons I dislike the push bar so much.  Perhaps to you and even everyone else for that matter the push bar is unobtrusive and even attractive but when I see it it draws my attention away from a very well crafted grille and instead I focus on a huge ugly black mass of steel hanging out in front.  It's like putting old school metal braces on a supermodel.  I know Im likely in the minority on that but to me, the push bar absolutely obscures the grille.

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2012, 08:53:55 AM
Quote from: Cooter on December 03, 2012, 07:23:27 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2012, 06:27:38 AM
For the most part the push bar would obscure that anyway.

Um, .....nope.

In all honesty Cooter, and I fully realize only from a personal perspective, but that is one of the reasons I dislike the push bar so much.  Perhaps to you and even everyone else for that matter the push bar is unobtrusive and even attractive but when I see it it draws my attention away from a very well crafted grille and instead I focus on a huge ugly black mass of steel hanging out in front.  It's like putting old school metal braces on a supermodel.  I know Im likely in the minority on that but to me, the push bar absolutely obscures the grille.

No, I understand your position on that one Ghoste. If it weren't for the fact that I kept getting the "Hey man, where's the bush guard at?" replies at a show, I wouldn't have installed one on mine. But, I could just see the YouTube Videos now when John S. was driving MY GL.."Wow, they couldn't get a General Lee that had a push bar?!?"  ;)

Ghoste

And that is something I totally get too.  If I were to do a GL, or any other movie car, I would want to duplicate each detail whether it was something I liked or not.

Mytur Binsdirti

Now I get it; the General Lee is the Ugly Betty of Chargers!  :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol:

Budnicks

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 03, 2012, 01:03:32 PM

Now I get it; the General Lee is the Ugly Betty of Chargers!  :smilielol: :lol: :smilielol:
:popcrn:  :popcrn:  :popcrn:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Cooter

I'm driving my "Ugly Betty" of Chargers...Oh, now I get it; You paid three prices for some shell that is most likely missing all the "Correct" parts....

... :smilielol:

skip68

nvrbdn

[/quote]

:blahblah: :poke: :stirthepot:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Cooter

Quote from: skip68 on December 04, 2012, 09:36:16 AM
OH boy, here we go.      :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:
Remember, it's only a little fun lovin' ribbing and done all in fun Skip. :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cooter on December 04, 2012, 07:20:12 AM

I'm driving my "Ugly Betty" of Chargers...Oh, now I get it; You paid three prices for some shell that is most likely missing all the "Correct" parts....

... :smilielol:

Actually, I'm amazed at how many parts my car is not missing, especially considering how long ago it was taken apart. Sure there's some small stuff that is gone & I'll be on the hunt for that but it's a small price in aggravation to pay. My car has the original door panels, seats, alternator, starter, voltage regulator, ballast resistor, starter relay, rear brake pads, + & - battery cables, etc. It's matching numbers on the engine & trans and the distributor & carbs have the tags, so there goes your theory of not having the correct stuff.  ::)

In regards to the amount that you think I paid; you don't have any idea what that figure is, so it's unfair to say that I paid 3 times as much as your car is worth, but then again, I don't know your car and I could have paid 8 times as much as it's worth. :shruggy:   ;)

Cooter

It's a Hemi car..You paid for it. Period. No bother, it's "All in fun"... :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

Cooter

It's all good there Turd bin, neither Hemi, 440-6, or 318 Chargers are worth much more than $8K now anyway.

skip68

I've got a HEMI!.....I've got a HEMI!....  Look at me......I'm so cool.......       :nana:   Sorry Dirty T.     :rofl:   Your car is flat out going to be top notch sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.    :drool5:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: skip68 on December 04, 2012, 12:53:18 PM
Your car is flat out going to be top notch sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.    :drool5:

Thanks for the compliment. It's the 4th hemi car I've owned & I do think that this one will be the nicest of them all.

nvrbdn

i always thought that one day i would own a hemi car.................................but it will take 6 numbers to get me to that point.  and every month they draw the wrong six numbers..... :rotz:  glad you can enjoy owning a hemi car. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

rebby

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 04, 2012, 12:58:13 PM
Quote from: skip68 on December 04, 2012, 12:53:18 PM
Your car is flat out going to be top notch sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.    :drool5:

Thanks for the compliment. It's the 4th hemi car I've owned & I do think that this one will be the nicest of them all.

It's looking that way so far. I've been following your build thread and all that I can say is.... "I'm not worthy!!!" Keep up the good work!  :cheers:
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)