News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK, opening a can of worms, but, What is so Great about the General Lee?

Started by johnnyseville, November 20, 2012, 09:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooter

Quote from: mauve66 on November 29, 2012, 05:02:59 PM
Quote from: Lennard on November 28, 2012, 09:53:58 PM
Okay, this is the 3rd time I'm reading this in a reply... what's wrong with being a Corvette owner?

don't worry , your NOT in the ELITE vette owners, your tires stick out past the wheel wells and we know that's not "correct", so your just a regular "joe" like the rest of us............. sorry

Yep, I work on the "Elite" Vette owners Club cars. Holy sh*t what a bunch. President is a REAL Douchebag. Facebook is NOT his friend.
Out of about 45 Members, only about two are actually pretty cool, but like the GL owner, he has to defend himself by saying "No, I'm NOTHING like the others"...
One has a 200-something, 427 LS Vette that requires the dipstick be carried around in a little "Condom" in the trunk, as if left in when running, will wrap up around the crank. Nice.....Most drive stock Vettes, but like to name drop ALOT. "Lingenfelter" seems to be their favorite.

As with Hemi's, there are some that are cool, but many are total douches.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Lennard

Ghoste

Yeah, thats what I meant. (should have phrased that differently)

mauve66

when i searched summit they didn't even have a listing for mopar so i guess they would have to be custom ($$$$$$) made :brickwall: :brickwall:
i know i have seen mopars with side pipes but don't remember the multi-tube collector thingy in the front of it
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Ghoste

Someone supplies them somewhere.  I have no idea where but somebody has to making them.

JB400

I think you'd have to make your own headers.  Plenty of kits available, just need lots of patience and a welder :2thumbs:

Ghoste

The headers remain the same, it is just the collectors that change.

mauve66

here's a pic of what i remember, no multi-tube front section

http://www.classicmoparforum.com/thrush-outsiders-side-pipes/

maybe it would only look good on a corvette due to body lines/contour behind front wheel and in front of door??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

mauve66

after looking up pics of vette side pipes on a motor but out of a car i understand why they look that way and mopars can't do it due to location of the motor in relation to the collector
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

Ghoste

Yeah, I think most side pipes just have a pair of 90 degree elbows to get the pipe over to the collector don't they?

BananaDan

Quote from: Lennard on November 29, 2012, 06:47:35 PM
Since 99% of these Corvettes have Chrome side pipes I bought the Black Hooker super competitions... and now people ask me why I didn't bought the Chrome pipes.  ;D

Nice Vette Lennard, my favorite generation.  The side pipes look killer.  I also like the license plate on your Charger!   :2thumbs:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Mytur Binsdirti

How did this thread turn into a tupperware love-fest? :flame: Let's get back to some General Lee bashing!   

Lennard

Can't you for once hide your jalousy Richard Mytur Cranium Binsdirty? :nana:

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Lennard on December 02, 2012, 07:13:44 PM
Can't you for once hide your jalousy Richard Mytur Cranium Binsdirty? :nana:

I'll stick to jalapenos.   :D

Ghoste

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 02, 2012, 07:09:57 PM
How did this thread turn into a tupperware love-fest? :flame: Let's get back to some General Lee bashing!   

Its so much harder to bash Corvettes because they came in a lot more colors than GL's, hey, wait a minute.  What color was the GL again?

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

TheGhost

Quote from: Ghoste on December 02, 2012, 07:39:38 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on December 02, 2012, 07:09:57 PM

Its so much harder to bash Corvettes because they came in a lot more colors than GL's, hey, wait a minute.  What color was the GL again?

Corvettes are better because they are made of plastic.  They don't rust like those crappy ol' General Lees.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

mrsskip68

Some people like apples, some dont. Some people like oranges, some dont. Get over it already! To each their own. If i want to paint my car pink, by god, thats MY choice not yours!!!!! And if you dont like it? I wont lose any sleep over it, cuz i did not make it for YOU BUT FOR ME!!!!!! Stop the hating/bashing and do something positive in your life for someone else! Mom has spoken, hope you listened!
Mrs.Skip68 ;)

P.S. Now, go brush your teeth, and go to bed!  :icon_smile_big:

myk

In my 30's and mom is STILL yelling at me!  Stop yelling!!!   :icon_smile_big:

I will confess that I sought to buy or make a GL in '94.  Luckily I found THIS car orange and with quasi-vector wheels.  Fast forward to a few months ago I was repainting the car and agonized for MONTHS trying to decide what color to paint it.  Dog-gone it, the only color I could come up with is the same damn color it was when I bought it.  I haven't been into the GL thing for decades, but I love the orange...

JB400

Ghoste

Now Lisa, you know we're all just ribbing each other for fun here.  No harm no foul.

mrsskip68

Well Ghoste, just remember that Santa is watching. So if you dont want to end up on the "naughty" list you better play nice!  :nana: That goes for all you boys! If your bad you may not get any Mopar parts this year! ;)

JB400

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on December 02, 2012, 11:23:15 PM
Now Lisa, you know we're all just ribbing each other for fun here.  No harm no foul.

All fun and games till someone becomes a "Richard Cranium" about it. :angel:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"