News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK, opening a can of worms, but, What is so Great about the General Lee?

Started by johnnyseville, November 20, 2012, 09:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Ghoste

Quote from: cdr on November 28, 2012, 11:42:13 AM
:puke:just the thought of jumping troys daytona  :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :puke:

You can make sure it never happens by buying it from him.   (trying to help you any way I can Troy  ;) )

cdr

Quote from: Ghoste on November 28, 2012, 12:05:11 PM
:puke:just the thought of jumping troys daytona  :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :puke:

You can make sure it never happens by buying it from him.   (trying to help you any way I can Troy  ;) )
if the land sale goes good,it could happen  :popcrn:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver

hemi68charger

Quote from: cdr on November 28, 2012, 12:10:10 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 28, 2012, 12:05:11 PM

if the land sale goes good,it could happen  :popcrn:

:icon_smile_cool:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 28, 2012, 08:45:08 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on November 28, 2012, 07:23:20 AM
Ouch.

I'll take Hemi Douchebag owner as a compliment    :icon_smile_big: but it does seem as though some of you GL guys have absolutely no sense of humor at all.  ::) Funny, I thought the Douchebag "Compliment" was funny as sh*t, as only a true Douche would accept it as a compliment. Typical of most Hemi owners IMO. I guess it's like one of the CGLFC guys said one time, "those DC guys act like "Corvette owners" when it comes to the GL. Again, funny as hell.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but look at it this way; the displeasure you GL fans have for stuff like this.......I call BS. I once made my opinon of most Hemi owners known here, and was basically, thought it was pretty funny...Didn't go over any better than your comment "Disguised" as "Humor" here.

What I DO find "humorous" is the terms used in this thread by some.
"Diehard Charger owner".  Translation= Was old enough to buy one when new(Like GL owners are "Incapable" of being "Diehard" owners???), Only restore back to OEM, "Strongly dislike" (Kind word for Hate), anything DOH related, basically come into threads about DOH/GL and feed the stereotype by making  "Humorous" posts about how "Inbred/Redneck/hillbilly/two teeth having/barefoot/backwoods" anybody that owns/builds a GL is....

And the "General Lee Charger owner".

Translation= Just some good 'ol boys/girls that basically got into Chargers because of their favorite family TV show growing up, and are not afraid of actually admitting this fact, Have to hunt for the same basic hard to find parts as "Diehard" Charger owners(Sometimes more so), yet are considered to be "Hacks" for "Destroying" yet another Charger some Purist coulda/shoulda/woulda done better, and have "No imagination" because they are "Just doing another GL"..
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Kern Dog

Quote from: RECHRGD on November 27, 2012, 10:40:34 AM
I'm older than most of the members here and was fortunate enough to buy my first 1968 Charger R/T off of the showroom floor. 

This may be true, but how is it that everyone I meet bought their car..."Off the showroom floor"?
How BIG were the dealers showrooms in the musclecar era? They must have been H U G E !!!

JB400

To sell 80,000+ units for the 69 model year over 50 states and a few countries, yes, there was quite a few dealerships with multiple cars.

Cooter

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on November 28, 2012, 12:35:55 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on November 27, 2012, 10:40:34 AM
I'm older than most of the members here and was fortunate enough to buy my first 1968 Charger R/T off of the showroom floor. 

This may be true, but how is it that everyone I meet bought their car..."Off the showroom floor"?
How BIG were the dealers showrooms in the musclecar era? They must have been H U G E !!!

Your assuming they bought them brand new off the showroom floor. Many I meet say that, then I hit them with "did you buy it used, and it just happened to be sitting in a showroom at the time?"
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

cdr

Dukes Geek

Hi, I own a 1977 Plymouth Fury replica Rosco police car from the Dukes of Hazzard, and a 1978 ex-police package Plymouth Fury(still in it's original police paint).
I hear Police car guys would grille me for turning the police car into a Rosco Car.  Well, all I have to do is put magnets and a light bar on it, I don't even have to change the color(white).

Because of the big "orange Clunker car" as Boss Hogg would say, I have made friends all over the world.
Yes, they destroyed about 309 Chargers. But, from what I understand in each of those years, 1968, 1969 & 1970, 89,000+/- Dodge Chargers were made EACH YEAR.
And from when this reinvigorated Dukes hobby came around, 2001 or so, I have seen the number of Dodge Charger General Lee replicas grow from 500 world wide, to more than 700 world wide.  Ones that were left for dead, because they were deemed, unrepairable.  If you have enough time and determination, almost anything is possible.
AMD makes all the body parts to build a Charger. I don't agree with jumping chargers anymore, but, to each their own.

There were more Plymouth Fury's and Dodge Monaco's destroyed in all the 70-80's TV shows then Dodge Chargers.  About 600 destroyed in the Dukes, then add to that Hunter, Fall Guy, TJ Hooker, A-team, TV/movies. 

Just putting things into perspective.
Everybody uses their time and their money the way they see fit, that is if we still live in the Good Olde US of A.
Bill, Dukes Geek

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Cooter on November 28, 2012, 12:29:38 PM

Funny, I thought the Douchebag "Compliment" was funny as sh*t, as only a true Douche would accept it as a compliment. Typical of most Hemi owners IMO.

I'll admit that there are some Hemi douches, but does that make me one? On the same token, surely there are some  General Lee douches, Daytona douches, Superbird douches, Charger 500 douches, Six Pack douches, TA & AAR douches, Corvette douches, Shelby douches, Viper douches, Ferrari douches, Porsche douches and on and on & on. But to think of me as a douche because I really lucked out and had the funds available to buy a nice Hemi project is a pretty unfair statement. Sounds to me like you are judging someone for what they have rather than who they are, and since you and I have not met, that's a very unfair statement to make. Now, being that I am a Daytona owner also, does that now make me a double-dipping douche? Take a good look at the ridiculous screen name & avatar I have my friend; do I appear to be someone who thinks of myself to be a better person than you? Seriously.

Ghoste

hemi68charger

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 28, 2012, 01:51:37 PM
Take a good look at the ridiculous screen name & avatar I have my friend; do I appear to be someone who thinks of myself to be a better person than you? Seriously.

:smilielol:

You opened that door.... you "look" like a sultan and historically:

Sultan (Arabic: سلطان‎ Sulṭān, pronounced [ˈsulˈtˤɑːn]) is a noble title with several historical meanings. Originally, it was an Arabic language abstract noun meaning "strength", "authority", "rulership" and "dictatorship", derived from the masdar سلطة sulṭah, meaning "authority" or "power". Later, it came to be used as the title of certain rulers who claimed almost full sovereignty in practical terms (i.e., the lack of dependence on any higher ruler), without claiming the overall caliphate, or to refer to a powerful governor of a province within the caliphate.

sounds to me most people are below you...
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Mytur Binsdirti

I just couldn't find a picture of a dirty turban so I used that dopey one instead.   :yesnod:

cdr

hemi68charger

Troy

cdr

JB400

Who wants popcorn? :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  There's going to be a good response coming.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

rebby

Double dipping douche. I love it! Whatever, the bottom line, what really matters, is that we need more pictures of your collection. Hemi, Daytona, GL, whatever... WE NEED PICTURES!!!

Gotta love Charger p0rn, regardless of the final finish...

I'm confused though... I'm building one of my cars into a GL at the moment. When my other project is complete I'll be stripping the GL down and either restoring it or building into a Daytona clone. If I go the clone route, do I lose my GL "hillbilly" status and gain the Daytona "douche" status? If so, at what point will the conversion occur and, most importantly, will it hurt???
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

hemi68charger

Quote from: rebby on November 28, 2012, 04:36:22 PM
Double dipping douche. I love it! Whatever, the bottom line, what really matters, is that we need more pictures of your collection. Hemi, Daytona, GL, whatever... WE NEED PICTURES!!!

Gotta love Charger p0rn, regardless of the final finish...

I'm confused though... I'm building one of my cars into a GL at the moment. When my other project is complete I'll be stripping the GL down and either restoring it or building into a Daytona clone. If I go the clone route, do I lose my GL "hillbilly" status and gain the Daytona "douche" status? If so, at what point will the conversion occur and, most importantly, will it hurt???

Never if you remain in the closet... Once you come out, all the cynics will be out in force...
Troy

Ghoste

You would be able to claim status on both and better yet, you technically get to also become a double dipping douche albeit in a slightly different way.

rebby

Quote from: Ghoste on November 28, 2012, 04:45:16 PM
You would be able to claim status on both and better yet, you technically get to also become a double dipping douche albeit in a slightly different way.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Just to make it even more interesting, maybe I'll buy a 3rd Charger so that I have a "normal" Charger, a GL, AND a Daytona all at the same time!  :cheers:
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

TheGhost

Quote from: Ghoste on November 28, 2012, 08:33:13 AM
:smilielol:  To be fair though, we are the elite of the Mopar world after all.

I would think that the aero guys were the elite.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.