News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK, opening a can of worms, but, What is so Great about the General Lee?

Started by johnnyseville, November 20, 2012, 09:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Cooter

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 27, 2012, 08:39:53 PM
Well, if a "General Lee only" section is out of the question, how about creating a "No General Lee allowed" section?    :2thumbs:

How bout  "No Hemi Douchebag owners" allowed Section.

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

kikgas01

Ghoste

:smilielol:  To be fair though, we are the elite of the Mopar world after all.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Ghoste on November 28, 2012, 07:23:20 AM
Ouch.

I'll take Hemi Douchebag owner as a compliment    :icon_smile_big: but it does seem as though some of you GL guys have absolutely no sense of humor at all.  ::)

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but look at it this way; the displeasure you GL fans have for stuff like this.......

.......is the same feelings that some of us have when "we" see 1969 Chargers painted in those same colors and I'm sure that T/A people have the same arguments regarding Firebirds done up like Knight Rider.

At Carlisle, the GL's are kept seperate from the rest of the Chargers, so what's wrong with that here?  That would end 98% of threads like this (which btw, is still faaaaar better than 40 pages on the Volt).    ;)

I wonder what Troy's opinion is on all of this, although I doubt he will chime in?

skip68

I don't know about Troy's opinion but I know this .....
  Dirty turban, what you have to say is just as important as anyone I suppose.   However, for the rest of you guys keep in mind this is coming from a guy that's already been kicked off this site once.   :smilielol:  
Come on dirty T,  I think it's funny. It's just a joke.....right?    :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

kikgas01

skip68

See, I've got a sense of humor.  I apologize dirty T for saying what I said a few minutes ago ............I should've said it sooner.   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

kikgas01

Hey Skip, you even own a Chevy! I have 2 dodges, 2 Chevys AND 2 Fords lmao! Wonder what this will do to this thread? Easy guys lmFao.... I think I might need some Doctors help too now that I think about it...

skip68

OH, one more thing ....my car DID go faster once I put the decals on it.  I did some hot laps before and after and I picked up 17mph and shaved 1.6 seconds off my lap time.    ;)

I've got one Mopar, one Chevy and three Fords. I must need help too  :shruggy:

skip68

Yes I have a Chevy.   I've also had many Fords and Chevy's.  Even a ka ka ka Kia.   

kikgas01

Ok, I`m coming out.... I have a 85 Toyota Supra I have had since 93. It is rough and a lawn ornament sitting behind my garage but it ran a year ago.....Throw a battery in it and it would start right up. Wife had a new KIA when we first met...

JB400

I don't mind seeing these off brand GL's.  I think it's funny.  At least these belong to people having fun with their cars.

I stick with Dodge, but do have a Cougar to drive regularly.  I do catch heck with it when I wear my Charger jacket in it.

Ghoste

hemi68charger

Due to bombardment of radiation and genetic mutations, my V2 '69 Charger sprouted a wing and nose instead of a Rebel Flag birthmark, tan skin and a pushbar....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

Thats ok, the wing will help it to jump further.  Like a GL on steroids.

JB400

hemi68charger

Quote from: Ghoste on November 28, 2012, 10:55:30 AM
Thats ok, the wing will help it to jump further.  Like a GL on steroids.

See, there's always a positive spin....... My car's not just an ugly duckling, but now a GL-should-have-been that can jump higher...  :nana:

Now I know why at local shows people come up to me on occasion and tell me I need to put a rebel flag tattoo on it...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

How much downforce does a Daytona generate? Technically it wouldn't fly as far   :nana:

JB400

Ghoste

And crank a little "up" into the wing, it is adjustable for areason.  :D