News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OK, opening a can of worms, but, What is so Great about the General Lee?

Started by johnnyseville, November 20, 2012, 09:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kikgas01

Quote from: Cooter on November 26, 2012, 07:24:05 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 26, 2012, 01:15:58 AM

A lot of Charger guys are just sick and tired of it.  

Who can blame them?  I'm a GL fanatic and even I think it has been overdone in the last decade.

The same could be said for Hemi cars, 440 cars, etc.
I certainly get tired of seeing the same ol same ol, but Even I understand the Hemi takes center stage to the 440. The 440 takes center stage to the 383. The 340 takes center stage to the 273...

I think the sooner the "Charger guys" stop the negative posting and "Baiting" with these type threads, you will see another side of this story, but until then, these types will be considered "Haters" simply because of how they keep B*tching/whining/complaining/dramatizing/etc. (Did I cover all the bases? Don't want anybody having any misconceptions about how the "Haters" post).

Again, I certainly believe the "Charger guys" are/would've been smarter than to assume there would be NO GL being discussed on a Charger board. I'm a member of CGLFC board, and guess what? I don't think I've ever seen a thread on that board like "Oh lordy, another General Lee being converted back to OEM original. The Horror!"

I posted it just to see... :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Quote from: Ghoste on November 26, 2012, 12:22:35 AM
Better yet, how about no labels?  Not all purists are haters and I'll bet you most of the so called "haters" don't actually hate it.  Just because you may not want one doesn't mean you hate it.

Ding, ding ding!!!  :cheers:
Definitely not a hater, but I don't get all giddy like a schoolgirl over it, either.
Lots of "hater" labels flying both ways, pots calling the kettle black. Get over it already.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

skip68

Anyone hate seeing this GENERAL LEE?     :icon_smile_big:   

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

skip68

Ghoste

C'mon Chuck that isn't a fair question, Mrs. Skip would likely make an Aztec look good.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

JB400

Quote from: skip68 on November 26, 2012, 10:27:11 AM
Magic.   
You must not have behaved. She didn't put on any Daisy Dukes for the photo op.  Or is that in your "PRIVATE' collection?  My bet is on that you didn't behave.

skip68

Oh I've got naked pictures of her on the Charger if you guys want...   :icon_smile_wink:   Lets ask Lisa first.   :rofl:

JB400

Quote from: skip68 on November 26, 2012, 10:51:16 AM
Oh I've got naked pictures of her on the Charger if you guys want...   :icon_smile_wink:   Lets ask Lisa first.   :rofl:
That's better than naked pix of you on the Charger.

Ghoste

mrsskip68

Not happening guys, sorry. But I do have pics of chuck in his blueberry studded thong laying across the hood, if you would like.  :shruggy:  :D

Ghoste

So we all gouge out our eyes and require years of therapy?  No thanks!

JB400

That might make the gypsies move on  :D  I don't need the imagery.  My sleep is haunted already.

Cooter

Quote from: kikgas01 on November 26, 2012, 08:40:33 AM
Quote from: Cooter on November 26, 2012, 07:24:05 AM
Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on November 26, 2012, 01:15:58 AM

A lot of Charger guys are just sick and tired of it.  

Who can blame them?  I'm a GL fanatic and even I think it has been overdone in the last decade.

The same could be said for Hemi cars, 440 cars, etc.
I certainly get tired of seeing the same ol same ol, but Even I understand the Hemi takes center stage to the 440. The 440 takes center stage to the 383. The 340 takes center stage to the 273...

I think the sooner the "Charger guys" stop the negative posting and "Baiting" with these type threads, you will see another side of this story, but until then, these types will be considered "Haters" simply because of how they keep B*tching/whining/complaining/dramatizing/etc. (Did I cover all the bases? Don't want anybody having any misconceptions about how the "Haters" post).

Again, I certainly believe the "Charger guys" are/would've been smarter than to assume there would be NO GL being discussed on a Charger board. I'm a member of CGLFC board, and guess what? I don't think I've ever seen a thread on that board like "Oh lordy, another General Lee being converted back to OEM original. The Horror!"

I posted it just to see... :2thumbs:

:2thumbs:
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

kikgas01

Lmao, quick, get me some orange paint..... Prefer SPRAY paint in a rattle can please.

Mytur Binsdirti

Let's face it, General Lee guys really don't care about restorations & restoration guys really don't care about General Lees. The two mix like oil & water. To end threads like this once and for all, when are the board lords just simply going to create a General Lee section?   Do I always have to be the voice of reason here?     ::)

Ghoste

There would still be fights.  If we support GL segregation they may as well just stay on the GL/DOH forums which already exist.

Mike DC

A lot of the GL talk on this site does not get started by GL/DOH fans.  

Plenty of non-GL fans post threads about GL replicas for sale just because the car is a Charger.  

Other threads are like this one.  

Or an occasional quick little question, like Ghoste asking about the Xmas special. 

Or "what comments are you tired of hearing about your car?" threads, which get GL talk.

Or "AAARRGGHH, those GL fans wrecked another one!" which invariably turns into an 8-page thread.  Etc.  

rebby

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 26, 2012, 02:30:47 PM
Let's face it, General Lee guys really don't care about restorations & restoration guys really don't care about General Lees. The two mix like oil & water. To end threads like this once and for all, when are the board lords just simply going to create a General Lee section?   Do I always have to be the voice of reason here?     ::)

Don't forget about the resto-mod crowd...  ::) LOL

Personally, I don't care what you're doing with you're Charger as long as you're enjoying it and/or not letting it rot. Any steps taken to preserve these cars is a positive step in my mind. The car that I'm building into a GL clone will (likely) eventually be stripped down and restored at some point or, perhaps, even built into a Daytona clone. In the end, the car isn't rotting in a field somewhere so it's all good!
Curt Rebelein, Junior
1969 Charger R/T SE (500 Stroker/833/D60 w/XP VIN)
1969 Charger (440/727/8.75, GL Project)

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

JB400

We don't need a civil war on  here.  We're brothers (more or less).  I support unionization.  I think a General Lee tech area would be nice for those wanting to build one.  As far as people not doing a build up thread on GL, not everyone that builds a charger on here has a thread.  If we want to see a GL thread, there needs to be some more encouragement.  On my 1000th post, nobody posted anything to not build one.  Actually, it was vice versa.  I think I'm halfway to the orange side. :D

Segregation may be a good thing  :lol:

It would keep the purists happy as general discussions wouldn't get clogged wit GL questions and GL owners and fans would have a place to post about all things GL related.

Purists Clan vs. GL Clan :lol: