News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this a HLPAG car?

Started by 1970Moparmann, December 28, 2012, 11:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Cooter on January 01, 2013, 01:26:04 PM
Antique cars being sold restored on EvilBay will be like the Email you get about the King's daughter who a fortune in the USA banks and asks only of you to send her money. You watch...The scammers have figured out that the buying public buys with their hearts and emotions when it comes ot these cars and are easy targets.

Very true. Most buyers have little to no experience anyways with an old car. Now factor emotion, and the scammers have odds in their favor.  :flame:

squeakfinder

Cooter
And after all that, What did you accomplish? See what I mean? Buyer beware...You can't police every person that really wants to get hooked in on a scam. Leave most of the restored Chargers on EvilBay Alone period.
If anybody has any sense at all, they will DO THEIR RESEARCH and come HERE, DO A SEARCH, FIND THESE THREADS, and be done with Hilpag. I don't think it has anything to do with "Protecting" the buyer at all. IMO, it has to do with the personal Satifaction of saying one actually accomplished something by taking out a scammer....Guess what? Tomorrow, they will be back under a different name selling the same cars again, and again,and again...You stop nothing.

This only seems to be a problem with the buyers looking to buy a Charger/Coronet/etc. already done and bypass the Bullsh*t of having to restore the car themselves.
I guess this is where I kinda have an advantage. I only by junk and put it back together myself (As most scammers aren't trying to make bank off rusty shells only restored cars),so I don't have to put up with the scammers I know are out there doing this very thing. Maybe this will be the turning point for people to begin their own resto work???

Antique cars being sold restored on EvilBay will be like the Email you get about the King's daughter who a fortune in the USA banks and asks only of you to send her money. You watch...The scammers have figured out that the buying public buys with their hearts and emotions when it comes ot these cars and are easy targets.
[/quote]

The part that you wright: "Do the research, come here find these threads and not deal with the likes of Hlpag" is what I meant. Evan if this didn't start as one of those  "I just got screwed on a car deal threads"  but was just a simple link to a feebay add. Others HAVE posted about some of the situation's they avoided that will hopefully help someone else.
Didn't know about the fifty GL feebay adds you posted and got slapped around for, I'm not looking for drama, just a place to discuss all aspects of these cars.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Cooter

squeakfinder, cool. At least I think we's on the same page. I have no problem seeing others post about their bad experiences. Everybody has been a "Victim" at least once in life.(Got chunked on my house becasue I was in a hurry and didn't do enough research, so I know, I know..That IMO, makes me the stupid one.) It's those "Check out how much this idiot wants for his car" threads that tend to be dramatic. Serves no purpose IMO, other than to allow the "Experts" to police someone who is gonna sell that Scammer car in spite of them. Like a 5 page thread here will stop the seller from finding his or her target.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

Before the explosion of chargers in general back in the day I never got burnt or felt burnt when I bought my 1st gen, 2nd gen, and 3rd gen and then I sold them off for just a tad more than what I bought them for.  After so many years away and being layed off and sold my charger I realized how all of a sudden these cars have gottn popular 10 fold. Thats when I found this forum and realized how many scammers are out there..now im very cautious about my money who I give it away too for these cars.  Maybe im being too cautious and maybe Im not, but in the end thanks to forum I still have a wad of cash in my hands at the end of the day  ;D

Cooter

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 01, 2013, 08:14:50 PM
  After so many years away and being layed off and sold my charger I realized how all of a sudden these cars have gottn popular 10 fold.

Careful, That is sounding alot like "Only gonna go up in value the longer you wait"...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Cooter on January 01, 2013, 10:06:03 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on January 01, 2013, 08:14:50 PM
  After so many years away and being layed off and sold my charger I realized how all of a sudden these cars have gottn popular 10 fold.

Careful, That is sounding alot like "Only gonna go up in value the longer you wait"...

lmao....or 'I wont sell it to you Ill just crush it'