News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

General "Thanks" for all the paint and resto topics and replies.

Started by rainbow4jd, November 20, 2012, 09:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rainbow4jd

The bodywork on my Petty Bird is just about done and we're ready to go to paint.   I've been reading with GREAT interest some of the threads about the original paint process at the factory and its been great stuff.

So, first of all, thanks to everyone who shares.  And, second, any other really good links or historical threads that relate to this stage of the restoration?

rainbow4jd

Just as a point of reference - I've been trying to go through the Paint Forum but the variety of topics there is just too much for me to find anything Superbird specific (although I did find out how to get your bolts "black" in color).

rainbow4jd

A couple more recent....

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

FJ5WING

Thats good stuff!  :2thumbs:

Ill be updating my resto thread later today after visiting the shop thats working on my Bird. Its in mock up assembly mode waiting for my approval before final priming and blocking begins. If not for the holidays and hunting season Id be in color before years end.
wingless now, but still around.