News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hostess Closing down

Started by 71green go, November 16, 2012, 05:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71green go

I cannot believe that because of strikes that Hostess is closing its doors...18,500 people will be unemployed in United States.......Canadian operations unaffected
The deadline for settlement came and went and workers were told if they didn't come to an agreement they would close all factories.....they thought it was an idle threat but Hostess is saying it will shut down ....I mean really, this makes me ill

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/snack-giant-hostess-shuttering-us-business-but-canada-unaffected/article5365001/

Hostess was a 2.5 billion dollar a year company........sad, just what this economy needs

nvrbdn

no more sno balls. that sucks. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

areibel

I see an opportunity- Canada will still have them, I can become an international Ho Ho and Twinkie smuggler! 

JB400

I wonder if we will still get Hostess products here if they are still open in Canada?

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 16, 2012, 11:11:52 PM
I wonder if we will still get Hostess products here if they are still open in Canada?

i will ship them down by crates full  .  lol    :icon_smile_big:

billfury

Quote from: 68 CHARGER R/T on November 17, 2012, 01:35:43 AM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 16, 2012, 11:11:52 PM

i will ship them down by crates full  .  lol    :icon_smile_big:

Can I give my order for yodels now

mrsskip68

AKcharger

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: areibel on November 17, 2012, 12:39:47 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on November 17, 2012, 05:50:34 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/11/11/Obama-Won-t-Fight-For-Gay-Marriage-His-Second-Term
I think that's a different type of "Twinkie"?

Well, you just never know.    :smilielol:

Back on topic; I didn't hear this much clamor when Chrysler eliminated Plymouth & GM eliminated some of their brands?   ::)

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Great, something else to be sold to an offshore company and further f^ck the economy. Not that Twinkies are going to make or break it but add up all the little things plus 18,000+ people out of work.

Mopar Nut

This explains it.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.