News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

turn signal lever

Started by metcoll, May 22, 2011, 05:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metcoll

took the 70 charger off for a cruise & went to put turn signal on & now i have to hold it down to turn left, anybody know were to get a new turn signal switch/lever assy...thx

doctor4766

Sounds like the cam has broken one of the tabs off.
I bought one from ebay.. vans auto salvage I think it was but it didn't fit my '69. Then a friend gave me a NOS Borg Warner item, part number DR-4 that fits and works perfectly.
Gotta love a '69

nascarxx29

If you happen to need a complete switch dealers have them Part Number :04293102

http://www.monicattichrysler.com/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=3087

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # TW7 More Info {#4293102}
  w/o Tilt Steering Wheel
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

randy73

Cheapest price is Rockauto.com, but you can get from Advanceauto or Autozone.

WM23N1G1

Would it be the same for a '71?
I just happened to break mine, and I have to find how to remove it and put another one.
Thanks.

ODZKing

Here is some reference for ya ... 2947503.  According to Great Lakes Mopar (Googled) 70-78 is teh same.
http://greatlakesmopar.com/store/chrysler/mopar-nos-1970-78-dodge-turn-signal-switch-part2947503/

Dino

If the cam was broken then the lever should stay down all the time and you'd have to pop it back to the middle to cancel.  If the arm is wanting to cancel all the time then I don't think the cam is busted but the switch is.  Get one from megaparts.com.  They're $50 I think and come with the cam installed so the whole unit will be brand new.

Of course you do want to remove your steering wheel first so you can actually see what's going on.  Have someone stand behind the car as well to see what the brake lights are doing.  As soon as my switch started to wear it would only light up one brake light unless I grabbed the lever amd held it in the middle.

Getting the new switch and cam was the best install I ever did.  I know, it's not a trans or bigger brakes but it made me very happy not having to deal with that thing again!   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

WM23N1G1

WM23N1G1

Quote from: Dino on November 15, 2012, 05:33:35 PM
If the cam was broken then the lever should stay down all the time and you'd have to pop it back to the middle to cancel.  If the arm is wanting to cancel all the time then I don't think the cam is busted but the switch is.  Get one from megaparts.com.  They're $50 I think and come with the cam installed so the whole unit will be brand new.

Of course you do want to remove your steering wheel first so you can actually see what's going on.  Have someone stand behind the car as well to see what the brake lights are doing.  As soon as my switch started to wear it would only light up one brake light unless I grabbed the lever amd held it in the middle.
Thanks. The lever stays down all the time, so the cam may be broken.

I had a look at megaparts.com, but didn't find anything but parts for asian cars.  :shruggy:
I found
- this at autpartsnetwork, but I'm not really confident.
- this at Jim's Auto Parts, but heard so many bad stories about this vendor...
- this on ebay

Would this work, or do I need another part?

Dino

If you need cam only then I'd go with Rockauto.com.  They work and are cheap. 

My bad, it's http://www.megapartsusa.com/   :icon_smile_big:

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

WM23N1G1