News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Making a clock from a NOS 383 pie pan

Started by DadsCharger00, November 13, 2012, 02:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCharger00

So I'm going to do exactly what the title states, but with a twist. I was hoping to make the hands for the clock out of some parts off Chargers. Any ideas what I could use/make the clock hands out of? Just wanted to make it more of a custom clock then just the regular hands.

bakerhillpins

Sounds like a cool idea. Don't know that I would use NOS parts when there are repros out there for such a feat but each to his own.

I would bet that an old Carb would provide you with lots of bits of straight and thin metal parts for hands. Though you could use a spark plug for the little hand and maybe wiper arm for the big hand?   :scratchchin:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

the rest of my car clocks  ,  my wall at work 

we set the time to places in the world we would rather be    :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: 

moparstuart

or just paint the arms with orange paint tips   like a Speedo needle

DadsCharger00

Quote from: moparstuart on November 13, 2012, 04:17:45 PM
or just paint the arms with orange paint tips   like a Speedo needle
Nice little array of clocks there!  :yesnod:

I like the idea of the speedo needles...that could be cool

JB400

Could use the Charger medalions.  Use one off of a 69 grill for the little hand and one off the bumper of a 71 :shruggy:

The only problem I see is the weight of the items.  Probably best to make your own duplicates of charger pieces.

Patronus

My first thought were the speedo and tach needles..
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

70 Battle Horse

Here is a project clock that I did a few months ago...I picked up the clock movement  and hands from an ebay vendor,. I was looking for the most plain hands that I could find, so that I could paint them with day glow orange  = to simulate speedo / tach needles. I used the cheap, plastic numbers/letters found at most auto parts stores, then painted them to simulate a tic toc tach safe to redline sweep. the last step was led strip on the back side of the clock to give it a back lit luminescence to project onto the on the wall!!

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House