News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Plymouth Barracuda $3,300,000 ?? !! INTERESTING AD in so many ways.

Started by 1970Moparmann, November 12, 2012, 11:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

68X426

"One million dollars goes to help Sandy victims."

I just don't believe that happens. Yeah, I am a big cynic.  :down:

I'll go futher and say bullshit, and call the seller out for trying to profit on the misery and suffering of others. What a complete ass to mix pain and sorrow in with selling a car.

Gary Dodane is a 100% prick for wanting to make a big buck on a tragedy.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

twodko

What a dick. What goes around comes around and it'll be coming for him fast and hard.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

JB400

The cuda concept looks cool.  Grand Spalding can build one though.  No sense in waiting for Chrysler.

NO Cuda is worth over $1 mill.  Not unless it's one of the hemi cuda converts.

hatersaurusrex

He's trying to get out from under it before Dynacorn makes it worthless
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

chargerboy69

Gary Dodane is actually a really nice guy.  He is just a normal person, a barber at a small shop here in town who drives a old AMC Pacer as his daily driver. I have known him for years.  If he said he will give 1 million to Sandy relief efforts, he will do it. The car has been for sale for years, he just wants way to much for it.

If I am not mistaken he bought the car back in 1985 here in town. It is the first Hemi Cuda ever built, and does have some extra stuff on it no other Cuda has.  He has had it sitting at the NATMUS Museum in Auburn Indiana for the last several years.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

thedodgeboys

How can that car be worth 3 million?

And the donation, that's a smart tax deduction  IMHO
Unless the buyer gets to claim it...

tan top

remember reading about that car ,  was hand assembled when the plant was shut  ,  started life as a barracuda grand coupe , whe was torn down & built up as a hemi cuda  , sill had over head console ,  or something along them lines ,  so the story went  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

68X426

Quote from: chargerboy69 on November 13, 2012, 05:43:42 PM
Gary Dodane is actually a really nice guy.  He is just a normal person

He is not normal. Normal people do not attempt to profit from the tragedy and death of others.

He, by his actions, shows he is predatory, immoral, and unscrupulous. His behaviour is disgusting and shameless.

Yes I made this personal. You and all his friends should sit him down for a rethink on the morality of his sales effort. People are dead, people are suffering, lives are ruined, and he aims to make $2.3 million with the carrot of a donation. One hell of a carrot, but still an immoral action of his part.

It is unconscionable that he would find personal gain and personal satisfaction from deaths and disaster. He is not normal.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Ghoste

The New York Marathon was cancelled because there was some concern that it would be disrespectful so soon after the hurricane, I can't see using it as an enticement to buy a car being a good idea in any way at all.   Now if he sold the car and donated part of his profits after the fact without telling anyone up front, THEN I would think he was a great humanitarian.
Now it can be argued that cars are sold all the time in the name of charity but I think they are somewhat different in that in the cases which I can think of, they were all donating entire proceeds to charity.

Cooter

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on November 13, 2012, 05:08:09 PM

Exactly.  $3 million is alot of coin. Maybe he gets it maybe he won't, not my place to say, but he better be hoping against hope for that kinda coin today with all these nit picking, lowballing, don't matter if it's one of none anymore, because even the rich aren't buying any longer, types.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

JB400

Quote from: Cooter on November 14, 2012, 12:44:13 PM

Exactly.  $3 million is alot of coin. Maybe he gets it maybe he won't, not my place to say, but he better be hoping against hope for that kinda coin today with all these nit picking, lowballing, don't matter if it's one of none anymore, because even the rich aren't buying any longer, types.
In this economy, I don't blame anybody for not spending any money.  Well, I can blame one guy.

Brass

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 14, 2012, 05:30:11 PM

In this economy, I don't blame anybody for not spending any money.  Well, I can blame one guy.

::)

JB400

Quote from: Brass on November 14, 2012, 06:08:58 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 14, 2012, 05:30:11 PM

Exactly.  $3 million is alot of coin. Maybe he gets it maybe he won't, not my place to say, but he better be hoping against hope for that kinda coin today with all these nit picking, lowballing, don't matter if it's one of none anymore, because even the rich aren't buying any longer, types.
In this economy, I don't blame anybody for not spending any money.  Well, I can blame one guy.

::)
Oh, come on.  I was talking about myself.  Who was you thinking of   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :nana:

hatersaurusrex

Not only is it immoral, but it's more likely to hurt his chances than help them.    An ultra-rich car collector is far more likely to buy the car separately and then donate the $1M on his own terms to the charity of his choice, with some oversight of where it winds up (and a fat tax break, and good publicity, and getting on Oprah, etc etc).   That's the sane thing to do.     

Also if this guy cared, he'd have a reputable charity help him auction/sell the car on his behalf with a high starting bid and donate any PROCEEDS to charity.   Proceeds means profit AFTER they pay the guy for his car.   So he could have his asking price and help victims. 

The only reason to do it the way he's doing it is to screw somebody out of the money.    I wonder if maybe he considers himself a victim of Sandy and just plans on keeping it all.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Charger454

It's nothing more than a rehashed Camaro...all the e-bodies. And people are ignorant enough to pay big money for that crap.
I have no "sense of entitlement". I only deserve what I've got off my ass to earn!

JB400

Quote from: Charger454 on November 14, 2012, 08:57:52 PM
It's nothing more than a rehashed Camaro...all the e-bodies. And people are ignorant enough to pay big money for that crap.
Don't let Jackie see this

Ghoste

Re-hashed?  If thats true then the Camaro is just a Mustang wannabe.  The Camaro is easily the most over-rated car ever.

Charger454

Quote from: Ghoste on November 14, 2012, 09:04:25 PM
Re-hashed?  If thats true then the Camaro is just a Mustang wannabe.  The Camaro is easily the most over-rated car ever.
I have no "sense of entitlement". I only deserve what I've got off my ass to earn!

Mopar Nut

Quote from: Ghoste on November 14, 2012, 09:04:25 PM
:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

Kind of like me not caring about how much you love the Camaro?

Old Moparz

There is a big difference in the integrity of the person who pounds their chest & brags that they help others or donates, & someone who gets up off their ass & just does it without waiting for the pat on the back, wealthy or not.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry