News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bondo Job?

Started by hatersaurusrex, November 04, 2012, 09:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

Look at the pass side quarter... the wheel lip looks like it's full of mud to me.  Thoughts?

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/3324244730.html

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Indygenerallee

Yep, That guy is off his rocker $9,000 plain nuts...  :lol: :smilielol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Indygenerallee on November 04, 2012, 09:55:40 PM

Well, the owner does state. . . "The nada low retail on this car is over $12,000. And the average retail around $18,900. And clean is over $30,000 and up."   ::)

That thing is not worth half of his asking price.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

greenpigs

I think he was looking at the 1970 RR when he stated the value.

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

skip68

These guys need to look at REAL numbers not nada.   The RR most want is 71-72 for that body style, not 73.  :brickwall: :flame: :rotz: :loser: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

Someone seen bj one time and seen  $$$$$$  :rotz:  Maybe someone will give him some honest offers and get him grounded again

Ghoste

Or he'll get angry because all the buyers out there are so "stupid" that he'll park it at the back of his yard never to move again.  :lol:

odcics2

Quote from: Indygenerallee on November 04, 2012, 09:55:40 PM

Maybe he really meant $900.    :shruggy:
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2012, 10:39:20 AM
Or he'll get angry because all the buyers out there are so "stupid" that he'll park it at the back of his yard never to move again.  :lol:

And this very thing is why you cannot understand why people let 196-whatever Charger Rot in their backyards. Maybe they are waiting for the one person that wants it that bad. They are out there. Hell, just look at the horror stories right here on this site about buying cars sight unseen. These types are NOT trying to sell to you.

As a rule of thumb, if he's asking $9K, then it means he's most likely got around $4500.00 in it. That means, he's likely to accept $6K. In a pinch, he might go for $5500.00....Nowadays, it seems you not only have to get around the lowballers, you have to get around the "Experts/Purists" that wish to tell you how much of a "plain jane" car you have that clearly isn't worth what your asking. Like a rust bucket with numbers is worth more or takes any less Money to restore...

So, you have what we have here. A car that is clearly overpriced so by the time you figure you've brow-beat the owner down to what you think is a possible "Deal", he's in fact, Slipped one in you while you weren't looking. You think you got a deal, and he thinks he screwed you. Everybody's happy.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

I don't think its nowadays, I think it has always been that way.  I bet the horse traders and wagon sellers went through the same thing.

b5blue

Exactly Ghoste, just check out my area by looking around Tampa C.L. for 1965-73 listings. There are bunches of cars listed in the same situation.  :lol: The value and money needed to restore are all way off, I call them "Dreamers".  :lol:

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2012, 06:42:31 AM
I don't think its nowadays, I think it has always been that way.  I bet the horse traders and wagon sellers went through the same thing.

Never said it all of a sudden became the norm, I was just pointing out the obvious as some seem to have missed it.

"Exactly Ghoste, just check out my area by looking around Tampa C.L. for 1965-73 listings. There are bunches of cars listed in the same situation.   The value and money needed to restore are all way off, I call them "Dreamers".  Restoration cost money. If you have to pay someone to do all of your work, that's not the sellers fault. How do you know sellers even back then weren't looking at the DIY'ers?  I do commend you guys though, you keep fighting the good fight and hoping people begin to give away these cars after 15 years of SUPER high pricetags..Now who's the "Dreamer"?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

And I didn't mean to imply that you said it happened all of a sudden, I was just adding to the word "nowadays" thats all, nothing else, its all good.  :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

The left side picture shows definitive creases around the wheelwell as built by plymouth. The right side has muted lines especially between the door and wheel opening. Primer hides some stuff, but I noticed it right away.
If this is the car you like, a reasonable could be made and either accepted or refused.....
Do it. DO it.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on November 12, 2012, 11:17:02 PM
The left side picture shows definitive creases around the wheelwell as built by plymouth. The right side has muted lines especially between the door and wheel opening. Primer hides some stuff, but I noticed it right away.
If this is the car you like, a reasonable could be made and either accepted or refused.....
Do it. DO it.

That's exactly what I was getting at.   Granted the primer is going to keep the fender crease from showing up as sharp as the other side, but it looks like at about 1 O'clock the crease just flattens out.    The ad said all the rust was cut out, but it never said it wasn't replaced with a big gob of filler.   I think someone tried to rebuild that crease and without a mold or something that's pretty impossible unless your'e Picasso with a Dremel.

And I was toying with the idea of a Satellite/RR but got a Jeep instead :)

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70