News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

71 Cuda Billboards on Chargers ( Hawaiian)

Started by JB400, September 14, 2012, 11:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

Just kicking around paint ideas.  It seems everyone is building their 2nd gen chargers into R/T's, General lee's or two tones.  I haven't figured out any good way of adding a horizontal stripe to the car without making it look even bigger.  I was thinking of something SIMILAR to the Hawaiian charger. I've ruled out dual horizontal stripes from the indents back. :eek2:  What's your opinion?

Indygenerallee

That would be pretty awesome a Hawaiian style paint job!! I always loved the blue and white!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Homerr

How about an update based on the newer style hockey stick stripe?

or

:smilielol:

Ghoste

Go with something like the drag car, that should come out nice.

JB400

Here's my late night early morning can't sleep playing.    Maybe consider putting the word Dodge on the quarters? :shruggy: What is your :Twocents:  

To me, it sort of looks like a formal drag car

hawkeye

when dealing with 2nd gen chargers, less is more.     

Ghoste

JB400

Cooter

Wait, hold up.....I thought 1970's paint jobs were fun to LOOK at? I didn't have no idea someone would try and actually paint one with the hideously grotesque, follow every bodyline with a change of color, paint on one of every color that was on your painter's shelf at the time no matter how horrindously ugly the end result may be, gold leaf everywhere, etc.????

:smilielol: Just kiddin' paint as you wish.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

hawkeye

leave the wild paint jobs to the wannabes.   i always figured an off the wall paint job was just used to draw attention to your car, something a charger does not need.  most of the time, i will look harder at small, unobtrusive badging more than something splattered over the entire side of the car.  just a little chrome for accents is all you need.  but it's your car and you are the one that looks at it everyday, it boils down to whatever floats your boat.    :Twocents:

hatersaurusrex

How much would it cost to have some vinyl billboards made in that same orange and white?  Then if you don't like it, at worst you're left with a black '69, which, at worst is still better than most people's 'at best' :)

Edit:  After reading the title I think this was your plan all along?    I say go for it.

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

1BAD68

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 11, 2012, 04:56:23 AM
Here's my late night early morning can't sleep playing.  Just to show how twisted my mind is :icon_smile_big:  Maybe consider putting the word Dodge on the quarters? :shruggy: What is your :Twocents:  

To me, it sort of looks like a formal drag car

I like it, usually I'm not a fan of billboards but this time I think it looks better on the Charger than a Cuda

Ghoste

The body lines lend themselves a lot easier to it don't they?

JB400

After waking up a little bit after getting a few z's, I do agree that it is a little 70's ish.  But, I made the mistake of doing the funny car version first, which in my mind, doesn't look all that bad.  But, I think I'll leave the funny car paint schemes for the funny cars.  Just kicking around ideas.  Thanks for your input. :2thumbs:  I might later on try it again, but with something different.  I'm still trying to talk myself out of a gl, but would rather not do an R/T.  Both of quite common.

rt green

looks like the silver bullet in the background
third string oil changer

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 11, 2012, 01:30:46 PM
After waking up a little bit after getting a few z's, I do agree that it is a little 70's ish.  But, I made the mistake of doing the funny car version first, which in my mind, doesn't look all that bad.  But, I think I'll leave the funny car paint schemes for the funny cars.  Just kicking around ideas.  Thanks for your input. :2thumbs:  I might later on try it again, but with something different.  I'm still trying to talk myself out of a gl, but would rather not do an R/T.  Both of quite common.

Honestly dude if you put some racing type decals on it and a pentastar/dodge it would potentially look really sweet - like a factory tribute racer - as long as the car has fatties out back and a 'drag' stance to it.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

JB400

I'm actually planning on running 14's and/or 15's.  Probably 8 inch wheels in the back. These newer wheels don't appeal to me.  Besides, our roads are crap.  Did you look at the funny car or the streetcar?  I don't know about decals on the fenders and what not.  I don't want it to be much of a poser.  I'm looking for streetability.  Just a cool cruiser :coolgleamA:

tan top

billboards on a second  generation  ,  nooo :down:   
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

JB400

Took out the orange stripe.  It does look more better.  Could go with a stealthy look with a dark gray.

wingcar

Stroker's pictures of the 69 Charger with billboards reminded me of Don Garlits 69 Charger 500.....
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Charger 1

I would not have considered it until I saw this car at a show earlier this year.  I liked it.............

Ghoste

I don't know, not for me I guess but it doesnt make me retch either.