News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interesting find when stripping down inside part of rims

Started by resq302, February 09, 2006, 06:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Today, while I was stripping the paint off of the inside (back) part of the magnum 500 rim, I noticed that there was a layer of yellow, almost canary yellow, under the black paint.  Has anyone ever noticed this before?  This is the second rim I am stripping out of the five on my car and so far, this is the only one that I have seen yellow on.  Did that signify something or is it that someone probably painted it yellow for some reason over the years.  I have only stripped the back of the rim so far and have not gotten to the front as it started to get too cold.

Just curious if anyone has come across this or if this yellow paint meant anything?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Chryco Psycho

I have seen yellow on the Ralley rims but on the inner band covered by the tire