News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Digi-tails

Started by Patronus, November 10, 2012, 12:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patronus

Thought I would pass this along. I see they've changed the sequential to a smooth motion across. Looks pretty cool, and gotta love the home page. Anyone have any of these?

http://digi-tails.com/
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

JB400

The guy with the blue hemi charger 69 has them.  They are definitely on my wish list :drool5:  $300 for the coolness and the fact that people can actually see them is pretty cheap to me.  Dim bulbs suck

Patronus

I hear ya, what doesn't cost $300 for these cars??!
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

JB400

I agree with you. It seems like everything is a denomination of 300.  It's either 300, 600, 900,......  Either way, I'm getting the taillight kit.  I wonder what they look like with just the taillights on?  Maybe just the perimeter lights up like the newer charger :shruggy:

Patronus

I also wonder about the wiring. Half of my tail light are stuck in the on position as they're old and been crimped over so long. Do you think you remove the existing bulb sockets? Or prob just tie into the line?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

JB400

They are hardwired in.  If you look in the pix, they show grommets for where the bulbls would go originally.  You also have to have the flashers to go with them as well, extra cost of course.  I'm still getting them

Cooter

Don't know bout these, but I watched a couple videos on YOutube with the 70' Chally ones, and wasn't impressed in the daytime. Not very bright at all, but BLINDING at night. There's "Kits" out there that you can buy and do your own for way cheaper. LED's IMO, have to be the SUPER BRIGHT version in order to be seen well in the sunlight.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

I'm trying to be positive but I simply don't like the look of led's.  The 69 taillights look great with three bulbs, those led's just look plain cold to me.  And the sequential thing is...well...nevermind.

My taillights are as bright as any car out there, if yours are not then there's something wrong.

Oh and $300 for a taillight kit is nothing, the damn trim costs more than that.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

68 CHARGER R/T

one thing that i don't quite understand is they state if your running front and back leds you require two flashers  :shruggy:  where do ya plug the second one in ???

JB400

Patronus

I'm guessing one in each harness..?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

mauve66

asked them about 1st gens, their reply was as follows, if your intereseted i would try to get at least 20 people to email them for interest between now nad the first of the year

As of now we have nothing yet.   When we see a repeated interest of about twenty
for a model then we look at developing the light.  At the beginning of the year
we will be evaluating what models we will design for the year.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2012 5:35 PM
To: info@digi-tails.com; info@spaghettiengineering.com;
pm@spaghettiengineering.com
Subject: [Digi-Tails] 66-67 charger taillights

Robert Kennedy (mauve66@cox.net) sent a message using the contact form at
http://digi-tails.com/contact.

any thoughts on these yet?? this generation charger has 3 sections with a bulb
in each section on each side of the car, would make for a great sequintial
effect.  i didn't see any section for generic smaller boards the rest of us
could use to make our own either??  thanks for your help
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

JB400

1st gen digital sounds pretty cool.  I agree, sequential will be pretty cool, especially if they start on one side of the car and go :coolgleamA: to the other for turn signal.

Patronus

^ I just move from thread to tread watching your girl dance.  :drool5:
^^ Mauve, that 1st gen with a wing is sick, if you were close Id come sand for free.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

JB400

I'm glad you enjoy :2thumbs:  Kate Upton  Sports Illustrated Swimsuit cover model :drool5:

mauve66

ditto, but i have a feeling you watch his girl more than my car.................. i know i do..................... :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bakerhillpins

What about just replacing the bulb with an LED? Do they even have those for replacement in an auto application?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

JB400

Quote from: bakerhillpins on November 20, 2012, 04:47:40 PM
What about just replacing the bulb with an LED? Do they even have those for replacement in an auto application?
Yes they do.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 20, 2012, 05:35:35 PM
Yes they do.
Where can you get them?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: Mopar Nut on November 20, 2012, 07:16:24 PM
Quote from: stroker400 wedge on November 20, 2012, 05:35:35 PM
Yes they do.
Where can you get them?

a buddy of mine got them here for his 69 camaro but it made a difference  , their pricey in the range of 10 bucks each

http://www.superbrightleds.com/

Mopar Nut

Thanks, that 's exactly what I was looking for.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."