News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New PETTY Superbird

Started by GeneralLeeTESH, November 09, 2012, 10:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeneralLeeTESH

We need this built right away America !  :drool5:  :cheers:  :2thumbs:  :scratchchin:
Just like the new Shelby s and Camaros, why don't the guys in charge at Dodge build this ? It would sell like Hotcakes !
The TESH

JB400

It's already being built by HPP :2thumbs:  I posted thier website on the Charger concept HPP

68X426

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on November 09, 2012, 10:47:34 AM
It would sell like Hotcakes !

Like a hotcake that's been sitting around for 4 years and lists at $99,000.

There is no demand for this one. Many threads about it and it's cousins since 2009, and very few people like them, or buy them.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on November 09, 2012, 10:47:34 AM
We need this built right away America !  :drool5:  :cheers:  :2thumbs:  :scratchchin:
Just like the new Shelby s and Camaros, why don't the guys in charge at Dodge build this ? It would sell like Hotcakes !

Kind of neat.

41husk

I don't think they look bad and would drive one but for over $90,000 I would much rather buy a real wing car :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

wingcar

They had a silver "Daytona" on display at the SEMA show that looked pretty nice.....but it is a bit pricy and not for everyone, but then the original wingcars are not for everyone as far as that goes......

(If I win the lottery, I'll buy another Challenger and do it....but with my luck at the lottery you will not see one of these in my driveway anytime in the near future)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

GeneralLeeTESH

The shame of it all is-WHAT we WANT-we don't get (like they did in the 60's for the everyday man walking into ANY dealership and ordering a RACE car for the street ! If they did it again-NASCAR would do even better and we'd be Helping American business IMMENSELY !
The TESH

JB400

We ( as in us on this website and other real car guys) are a minority in the new car market.  The stuff "we" want are made, but they cost an arm and a leg and loaded down with luxery junk so that they appeal to amatuer car guys.  Anything to make a buck

WINGIN IT

I applaud the effort, but not so keen on the design.
That side waffle-type exhaust, for example ...  :eek2:

Ghoste

Not every good idea from the past needs a modern attempt.

Brutalowner

Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2012, 02:42:33 PM
What he said...
   I'm sure it looks better in person. Maybe it should be tried out in the ARCA series. Hpp could be today's Creative Industries......
Would probably look better after a race team got ahold of it and massaged it a bit for track duty. Be nice to see a Hemi powered Wingcar makin' laps again. The world wouldn't seem so crappy.
69 Charger
68 Coronet R/T 440/727
57 300C 392 H word
76 W250 Crew 5.9Magnum 5spd
76 RC 440 4spd

JB400

Heck with ARCA, run it in Nascar. :icon_smile_big:  Nothing wrong with ARCA.  Nascar runs imaginitive cars anyway, throw away the rulebook and let's see some real racing again

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 41husk on November 09, 2012, 12:22:01 PM
I don't think they look bad and would drive one but for over $90,000 I would much rather buy a real wing car :Twocents:

Ouch 90k

I thought that was a joke in the original post.

I think i'd take a real daytona in a box for 90k over the "new" winger.

GeneralLeeTESH

:brickwall:  :RantExplode: NASCAR is ruined nowadays, since they let the Japanese bring Toyota in !  
Lets kick them out and do real racing-running Shine once again ! Yee Haw ! :cheers:  :scratchchin:
The TESH

Golden-Arm

"we need this built right away, it would sell like hotcakes"?

this is why, you never drink the bong water. the 2 they already built, still havent sold, why the hell would any sane person build more? :rotz:

Ghoste

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

wingcar

Quote from: Ghoste on November 09, 2012, 02:42:33 PM

PLEASE................Tell that to Hollywood....
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

JB400

California doesn't listen to anybody, they set thier own standards. Then everyone else thinks they need to keep up with the Jones.

Ghoste

Hollywood is pretty much ground zero for recycling the past.

65post

Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

hotrod98

I was looking at the the one they had on display at sema last week and I really liked the quality of the wing. I think they should reproduce the real Superbird and Daytona wings. I would buy one of each if they weren't overpriced.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

pettybird

Quote from: GeneralLeeTESH on November 09, 2012, 01:07:55 PM
NASCAR would do even better and we'd be Helping American business IMMENSELY !

Exactly.  Go right to your Italian-owned Dodge dealership and order your Canadian-built Challenger. 

maxwellwedge

I had to get my Canadian Built Challenger (2008) from North Carolina.... :lol:

Engine was from Mexico, transmission from Germany.