News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thoughts on "SSnake-Oyl" seatbelt restorations

Started by Charger454, November 06, 2012, 08:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: DixieRestoParts on November 09, 2012, 09:51:29 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 09, 2012, 07:50:46 AM
I called Mike at B,E&a yesterday. He told me that he has no idea where the 1500 number came from. The info I got was that the webbing will take close to 10k lbs. And that everything else is made the same way as original as far as hardness of the steel etc. With that said I can't see where they would be a weak link.

I was told they come with a disclaimer to use at your own risk? Is that true? It would sure make a difference in deciding to use them.

Ive never seen anything like that,and Ive used 3 sets now.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

I would think they have to do that anyway.  The liability issues with backing them as a safety item would be enormous not to mention the huge costs involved just to get the approval to make such an assertion even implied.  To not have that disclaimer would guarantee them not being reproduced.

Charger454

I have no "sense of entitlement". I only deserve what I've got off my ass to earn!

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 07, 2012, 09:07:54 AM
They do awesome work. If money is not an object. Ive Ised a few sets now of the Repop ones from B,E&A and I dont see anything wrong with them either. Not to mention they are less than half the money.

Brian, how close are the B, E & A to factory?  I may need to buy a set.

Thanks.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on November 14, 2012, 09:39:30 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on November 07, 2012, 09:07:54 AM
They do awesome work. If money is not an object. Ive Ised a few sets now of the Repop ones from B,E&A and I dont see anything wrong with them either. Not to mention they are less than half the money.

Brian, how close are the B, E & A to factory?  I may need to buy a set.

Thanks.

Really hard to tell them apart other than a couple markings and the absense of tags.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger454

Perhaps I'm overlooking the belts for a 73????? I'll email that guy Mike about them and see what he says.
http://www.beaparts.com/list_items.aspx?body=B&cat=I&subcat=36
I have no "sense of entitlement". I only deserve what I've got off my ass to earn!