News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 340 build question

Started by randy73, November 12, 2012, 07:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Now that Ihave it 65% complete, I want to start on the engine.

This is what I am thinking of doing.

Rebuild engine .030 over w/forged crank, rods, etc...

Use forged stock type pistons (same comression ration.

And either a dual turbo setup, one small(torque) and one middle of the road(HP) or supercharged.

upgrade to 1 3/4 headers with either 2.75 or 3" pipes w/crossover.

What I have so far is a wieand intake edelbrock 750 and electronic ignition.

What do you think I need cam wise?
Never been good at figuring out the right cam for an engine.
This car has a 46rh tranny, 2300 stall convertor w/lockup and in the back 3.23 SG.

Chryco Psycho

well for the turbos or supercharger to be effective you want to drop the compression down to around 7.5- 8:1 so a bit lower than stock , cam for supercharged engines need to be a custom grind with Cl around 112-114* with minimal overlap & more lift & duration on the exhaust side , the intake side will not need any help LOL . Most of the cam companies have Tech lines & I would call them directly with your needs & they will help you get a cam to suit the build

randy73

I would think 8.5:1 would be a little on the high side, but ok. I was thinking about porting my stock heads, as I do not know of anybody that makes heads that would fit my needs. Though the Edelbrock performer 65cc might work, if they were ported right and the chambers opened up a little.

Chryco Psycho

The Eddy or the RHS heads might be a good option , Alum heads will disapte more heat effectively lowering compression some say this doesn't work but running over 11:1 on pump gas with irons heads doesn't work but it does with alum