News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

318 LA Pulley and Belt Routing

Started by MrSnicks, November 06, 2012, 12:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrSnicks

Can anyone post up some pictures of a 318 LA engine with P/S and without A/C?

I'm having to source parts/accessories and I want to make sure everything lines up and is correct. On a side note will it be a problem to use a double groove alternator pulley on a non-AC car?  I've already purchased non-A/C alternator brackets and currently have a single groove water pump pulley, and a double groove crank pulley.  I'd like to see some pics of what is correct and how the belts are run.

Thanks,

Patrick

Dodgerdallas

Are you trying to go back correct original or just getting it lined up and functional?
This is gonna be cheap and easy......

MrSnicks

Functional for now. I don't want anything misaligned to pull and cause stress on the accessories. I'd like to go back to original, not date coded or concourse, but what it was supposed to have.  1971 Charger if it matters.

Patrick

Dodgerdallas

Ok that's what I have going myself for now but I've got s 66-don't know if there's s lot of difference in the setup were looking for but I'm at work and I'll look on my phone for a pic of the engine, if not ill have to wait till I get home,if u want a pic

MrSnicks

Dodgerdallas

66 setup

MrSnicks

That looks good, however my engine doesn't have the extra tensioner/idler pulley. I'll post up some pictures of mine and maybe someone can tell me if they are correct.

Patrick