News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

electro luminesant tape for the 66-67 chargers and ayone else who wants to

Started by pandamarie, November 05, 2012, 01:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pandamarie

At SEMA show last week I found the House of Color booth and they were displaying electo luminesant tape. glows a nice light blue like you see in the shifter selection panel. could be used for any car if you want to see your what gear your in easy at night.
I plan on using it for the Daytona lettering on the side of my clone project, once painted over with your choice of candy colors and filled properly you would never know it was there until you turn it on.
go to www.ILLUMA-FX.com to check it out.

Ghoste

Now if someone would only offer a paint to fix the indicator needles in the intruments.

Thanks for the link though. :2thumbs:

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2012, 01:10:17 PM
Now if someone would only offer a paint to fix the indicator needles in the intruments.

Thanks for the link though. :2thumbs:

How are those needles supposed to look?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

The needles in the 66-67 cars glow as well but they are an orange color.  The paint can get chipped off of them when you dismantle things to clean the instrument face and so forth and it will leave a dark spot on the needle when you pull the lights on wherever the paint has chipped.

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on November 05, 2012, 01:20:05 PM
The needles in the 66-67 cars glow as well but they are an orange color.  The paint can get chipped off of them when you dismantle things to clean the instrument face and so forth and it will leave a dark spot on the needle when you pull the lights on wherever the paint has chipped.

Oh I see.  I've seen paints like that just for needles but for the life of me can't remember where...

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

pandamarie

I have some of that old paint that they used in the 30s-40s it is radioactive and very hard to get. glows real good though.

Ghoste

For all I know the stuff they used in the 60's was radioactive too.  :shruggy: ;D

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

gibber

I use a translucent glass paint in the correct orange color. Need several coats once the needle is stripped of the old paint.

Mark
www.thegaugedoc.com
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com

Ghoste

A383Wing

I got a bottle of the orange paint here for the needles....it's a 'glow in the dark" style paint...I ferget where I found it here locally

Bryan

Ghoste

But still not the same as the stuff they used when they made them back in 66 and 67.

mauve66

just got mine back last week, look great, of course now i have other issues with my job again..............
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

JB400

Quote from: A383Wing on November 19, 2012, 11:31:28 PM
I got a bottle of the orange paint here for the needles....it's a 'glow in the dark" style paint...I ferget where I found it here locally

Bryan

Orange is a little hard to read on here.  Yellow is too.  Just to let everyone know.

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on November 20, 2012, 06:53:16 AM
But still not the same as the stuff they used when they made them back in 66 and 67.

it may not be the same "stuff"...but it's the same color

Bryan

Ghoste

Yes, all of that I understand, what I am looking for is the paint that glows when the electricity from the power pack is applied to it.

mauve66

oooh that would be cool to trace the lines on a 1st gen headliner so when the door opens the paint glows like a big dome light :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
alignment

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on November 21, 2012, 09:23:14 AM
Yes, all of that I understand, what I am looking for is the paint that glows when the electricity from the power pack is applied to it.

see my post above, about 6 posts up from here...it glows when lights are turned on...I'm talking about the needle paint...at least I thought we were..guess you are talking about something different

Bryan

Ghoste

I read your post and I have tried that stuff in the past but I didn't have the same experience as you I guess because it didn't glow all that great for me and just appeared as dark spots on the needle. 

gibber

If the orange paint is not translucent, it will not allow the light to shine thru. It will appear as a dark spot on the needle if you try to touch it up with non translucent paint. I always strip the needle of all paint when I redo them....

Mark
www.thegaugedoc.com
Mark Gibson
1966 and 67 Charger, 1968 D200 Pickup
Mopar Gauge Troubles? I can help!
www.thegaugedoc.com