News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fan shroud for 2898045

Started by Voss, November 02, 2012, 07:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voss

Did the Charger (R/T -68, no AC, auto trans) with 22" 2898045 radiator come with a fan shroud?  :scratchchin:

Dino

I don't know if it came with one originally but if it did I 'think' it's one of those metal ones. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ODZKing

Yep, 2 piece - metal as Dino said.
#'s attached

Voss

Dino, ODZKing: Thank you very much for the information! I will try to find these parts and have them rebuilt and installed on the Charger this winter... I know a guy whi might have the rad, but not the fan shroud...

Another related question: My Charger should have a 4 blade fan, right?

Dino

Yep, 4 blades and you're welcome.   :2thumbs:

Voss

Quote from: Dino on November 03, 2012, 07:16:29 AM
Yep, 4 blades and you're welcome.   :2thumbs:

Again, thanks. Appreciate it!  :cheers:

ODZKing

No A/C and 22 inch radiator is usually 4 blade.
However I can tell ya every little bit helps with cooling on these.  If you can find a correct 7 blade, I'd put it on.

Voss

Thanks for the info. Dino, ODZKing, I studied the parts catalog this morning and a 440, auto trans, w/o AC should have a 22" rad and ALSO a 7 blade fan 2863224. Am I right?   :shruggy:

ODZKing

Well, first of all to be sure, it is on your fender tag and build sheet.  Fender tag is second row, I believe under "A".  If there is a number there, you have a 26 inch.  I am not sure in 68 if they put the fan number on the build sheet.
If they did in the fan box you will have the last number of the blade.
I believe you definately have a 7 blade fan with a 440 - but could have either a 22 or 26 inch radiatiator.  Most likely 22 w/o air.

Voss

Quote from: ODZKing on November 04, 2012, 09:42:12 AM
Well, first of all to be sure, it is on your fender tag and build sheet.  Fender tag is second row, I believe under "A".  If there is a number there, you have a 26 inch.  I am not sure in 68 if they put the fan number on the build sheet.
If they did in the fan box you will have the last number of the blade.
I believe you definately have a 7 blade fan with a 440 - but could have either a 22 or 26 inch radiatiator.  Most likely 22 w/o air.

I have a 22 inch rad according to the fender tag, yes. And I measured the yoke as well. 22 inch for sure. I do not have the build sheet however. But from our discussion and the pats catalog it more or less seems like ALL 440's have the 7 blade fan. Different Chrysler p/n's depending on A/C and stuff yes, but still all are 7 blades (which brings up another question if these 7 blade fans came in different sizes depending on aux equipment like A/C).

To complete our discussion, the car now has a 5 blade fan (4071034) and a 4016971 radiator (think it is 26 inch) without shroud. All wrong!  :flame: I'm going to rebuild it to factory setup this winter.  :cheers:

Dino

Sorry, yes 7 blade on a 440.  I was automatically linking 22" rad with 4 blade.  My bad.

Voss

A numbers question... Was the part number stamped or printed on the fan blades? I have seen both, what's the difference? Year? Any date codes to help?

ODZKing

All I have ever seen are stamped but if it were from an aftermarket supplier as a replacement (Mopar) part I have seen goofy things like that.  :eyes:

amd5150

318 Engine
904 Torqueflite Transmission
2176 Edelbrock Manifold
1406 Edelbrock Carb
2177 Edelbrock Camshaft Kit
7803 Edelbrock Timing Chain Set
1065 K&N Air Filter
1/4in Magnaflow High Performance Dual Exhaust
M6902 Carter Fuel Pump
M72HV Melling High Volume Oil Pump
KD-2904HT Lokar Transmission Kickdown Kit