News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

trunk coating

Started by sparkybr74mr, October 24, 2012, 08:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparkybr74mr

What is a good trunk coating to use that will protect my new trunk pan as well as being able to paint over it. I've used por 15 on the floor pan and don't know what it it look like if i painted over it to match my new paint job. I'm looking for something that would go on smooth and yet is very durable.

pandamarie

por 15 works good as long as you scuff the floor real good, I have done it on my floor pans on my charger and challenger, stuff does not come off.
just scuff it up before you paint over it. If you want to leave it with por15 get the UV protectant por15, it will stay shiny black. the other stuff turns gray after a few years.

1973rallye

In my trunk, engine bay, underside and floors pans I used a product called Rust Bullet. Sprayed it on and following the curing instructions painted single stage as a topcoat on everything except the floor pans.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

Dino

Try Lizzard skin.  It's like undercoating but keeps out more of the noise and heat and you can spray it real smooth and paint over it.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.