News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vent window glass setting tape ?

Started by Dmichels, October 27, 2012, 08:04:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmichels

what is the correct thickness for a 68??

is there a source for the pivot to glass rubbers?
Thanks
Dave
68 440 4 speed 4.10

Patronus

Use a piece of fuel line for the pivot, and some rubber washers from the plumbing dept. for the screw mount.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Dmichels

yeah I was thinking about making my own but if someone made a nice little "kit" I would buy it I have lees time in my life for making everything myself
Anyone one the glass setting tape?????
68 440 4 speed 4.10

lasvegas69charg

I used 10 mil black tape that plumbers use to wrap pipes. You can get it at home depot. It worked out great.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Ghoste

Forgive my ignorance, but what is glass setting tape?

DC_1

Quote from: Ghoste on October 29, 2012, 07:02:59 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but what is glass setting tape?

Its a thick tape/rubber type material used to take up the gap between the glass and the frame. I don't have a pic of the actual tape but here is a pic of me prying the glass out that the tape basically hold in

bill440rt

You could also use butyl pressed in groove.
:Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ghoste

Thanks, I had always thought it was butyl they used there like a windshield or something I guess.  Good to know.