News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Liz Taylor charger

Started by scat pack fever, October 17, 2012, 09:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

Still wonder what the paint code was?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ghoste

41husk

That special order so it was likely a one off?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ghoste

I don't believe they ever offered a pearl pink in the regular lineup did they?  A show car so it makes sense in one but if it was done  by an outside contractor like sya, the Diamante, who knows what the original color was?  White maybe?  Only guessing.

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Ghoste

The other link was posted already but it doesn't speculate as to a paint code.

scat pack fever

Update!

I talked to my Dad today and he said the color was made after the color of Liz Taylor's eyes and was made just for her.  He meets with a bunch of Chrysler guys he worked with and is going to ask them if they have any additinal info.

Ghoste

Fred

They say they were violet. Personally I think that is a lot  of BS.  I never saw it in any of her movies. And then there's always contact lenses to make that tale come true.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

I don't much buy violet eyes either.  They always looked blue to me but what do I know about Liz right? :lol:

Bob T

Quote from: Fred on October 29, 2012, 10:55:39 PM
They say they were violet. Personally I think that is a lot  of BS.  I never saw it in any of her movies. And then there's always contact lenses to make that tale come true.

No disrespect to Liz, however, if the car was pink, another vistor from another planet could very imagine that her eyes were not unlike one of those albino rats/rabbits/gorillas/koalas with the pink/red tinged eyes
I quite like the koala though  :D
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

You forgot the albino wallaby, kookaburra and wombat.........

scat pack fever

I got the pink part wrong. He told me about it a long time ago and i got the color mixed up. I think he said it was a pinkish purple. He told me a few days ago about it being the color of her eyes. He said the cars that were built for celeberties were given special attention and someone followed the car during the build. He is going to try and get more info on it. He meets with the old timers from the st. louis plant about once a month. I'll keep everyone posted.

Fred

Ghoste

So this wasn't necessarily a show car but could have been one ordered by her and specially prepared by Chrysler as a gift/press op for her?

scat pack fever

correct! The car was built for her. That's probablly why you can't find anything about it. I'm going to ask my Dad document everything he can remember about working at the plant back in the day. He is 73 and not getting any younger.

Bob T

Quote from: scat pack fever on November 01, 2012, 08:21:57 PM
correct! The car was built for her. That's probablly why you can't find anything about it. I'm going to ask my Dad document everything he can remember about working at the plant back in the day. He is 73 and not getting any younger.

Ahh, so likely then , the Pink one above that we've been joking around with probably has nothing to do with the Liz Taylor Charger then , Ok  :cheers:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Ghoste

Which would mean going back that if it were an non standard color it would have been coded 999, correct?