News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

is this a movie car for sale?

Started by lasvegas69charg, October 30, 2012, 08:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas69charg

69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

74Rallye

I don't think so. Looks like they are just trying to ride on the movie's fame. Wasn't the movie car destroyed?

Dino

It is one of the movie cars, it was on ebay not long ago.  He's dreaming if he thinks he can get that amount.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Indygenerallee

QuoteHe's dreaming if he thinks he can get that amount.
You would be suprised, being in Vegas someone hit a jackpot and decide they need it as a impulse purchase! Those people are still out there!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Dino

Quote from: Indygenerallee on October 30, 2012, 02:48:11 PM
QuoteHe's dreaming if he thinks he can get that amount.
You would be suprised, being in Vegas someone hit a jackpot and decide they need it as a impulse purchase! Those people are still out there!

That's a valid point.   :yesnod:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TruckDriver

Lot of crappy photos of the car too. Most of them are cut off on one side or the other.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Bob T

Either way its a piece of movie history, nice stance, I like black 68's  :coolgleamA:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

seaweed

If you watch the clip from the moviescene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONChzy1Aiw8 you'll will See that the movie charger has vinyl-top, only one rearweiw-mirror and some sort of antenna right back and the rims are not the same, But most important, He doesent have the cool bumper-sticker  :scratchchin:

wingcar

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember the VP movie car having '70 type seats........
(Without the bumper sticker...not worth it......)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Ghoste

Fred

I do like those high back seats.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1974dodgecharger

VegasCharger

....................likewise

hatersaurusrex

Interesting is that the seats are the tombstone style BUT have the 'correct' pattern for 68's on them.   A custom job for sure but I like the attention to detail on that instead of just throwing some 70's in there and calling it a day.

This car makes me drool.... Nothing better than a '68
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

71ChallengeHer

It doesn't have the road wheels on it either.

VegasCharger

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on October 31, 2012, 06:38:37 PM
Interesting is that the seats are the tombstone style BUT have the 'correct' pattern for 68's on them.   A custom job for sure but I like the attention to detail on that instead of just throwing some 70's in there and calling it a day.

This car makes me drool.... Nothing better than a '68.....................Soooooooooooo True

Now that you've got my attention about the seats I went back and looked. That is a pretty cool custom job to co-inside with the '68 style. I wouldn't do it myself but I could live with it.

Also the center a/c dash pad is all jacked up.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: VegasCharger on October 31, 2012, 03:30:56 PM
....................likewise

I made my own version... but I didn't want to be extreme with the wife LOL ( although I'm still not married... if that will happen ever  :-\ :'(

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Bossman963

Hi Guys well I doubt and dont think this Charger was in vanisng point ( 97 verision with Viggo) as I do have the movie producer 70 R/T Challenger, is all doumented from Charley (old Owner/Movie producer), my Challemger was in this movie with Viggo - but never in any crash scenes.

I can find out for sure if this Charger was in the movie from Charley if you really want to know.

Also Im looking to sell my original Movie Car from the 97 verision of Vanishing point and will take a partial trade on a project car- so let me know thx Mike
68 Charger 440- under construction
70 Challenger R/T 383 in 2nd version of Vanishing Point. 4 SALE
69 Boss 302
70 Boss 302
74 pantera GTS

bull

Quote from: Bob T on October 30, 2012, 03:47:55 PM
Either way its a piece of movie history, nice stance, I like black 68's  :coolgleamA:

:iagree:

It's a beautiful car judging from the pics. The engine bay not so much and a few other little things but overall I really like it. I like the high back seats made to look like a would-be 68 style too. Probably worth around $35k-$38k. Maybe even the low $40s.

Polished Torque Thrust wheels look awesome on a 2nd gen. I'll be looking at getting a set of those someday.