News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is anyone reproducing the 68 ignition switch nut/bezel?

Started by bull, October 28, 2012, 10:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I see all sorts of of these things for Rustangs and Scumaros but not 68 Chargers. Mine's all dinged up and I'd like a new one.

bull

charger490

ODZKing

Interesting Curtis, mine looks larger than the several posted.

bull

That was going to be my next question because I found a place selling what's labeled as a '66 bezel but it looks about the same as mine. The '66 might be bigger because it doesn't have to go down inside the dash pad like the '68 version. But then the one I linked above says it's for '66, '67 and '68 so I don't know what to think.

Here's the one labeled '66: http://www.classicindustries.com/mopar/parts/mb2193.html

bull

Dino

Alright Bob, fes up, how old is that Sgt. Pepper keychain?   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ODZKing

HA!  Ya noticed that huh?   :2thumbs:
That was a promotional thing when they released all the CD's.  What, late 80's - early 90's ... something like that.

Troy

The switch itself was used from 62-68. Unfortunately, I am not positive on whether all the bezels were the same through those years or not. I'm not sure if I have clear pictures of mine (and I have a bunch). If I have one sitting on my bookshelf I'll snap some pics and get measurements. If it has to wait until I get to the garage again your car will likely be finished...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Thanks all but I was starting to see the writing on the wall with this one so I decided to give Tony a call and see if he had a decent used one, which he did. I needed a console and glove box latch anyway so I bought one from him.