News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

gauge bezel

Started by cowboy4x4n, November 07, 2012, 12:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowboy4x4n

looking to replace my factory ralley gauges that dont work with an aftermarket style like auto meter.  is there an aftermarket bezel that is made for my 69 to put the gauges into.  I prefer to not destroy my stock one.

JB400

Maybe get another one or a reproduction.  Or make your own.

cowboy4x4n

well i was hoping to find one that didnt require alot of modifiction.  maybe aluminum or something of that sort.  i checked dakota digital but no luck

Dino

There's a thread about custom instrument panels here somewhere and it'll show you a stock bezel with aftermarket gauges.  You will have to adapt the housing to be sure but the bezel can remain stock.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

cowboy4x4n

that would be great to see

charger490

are you looking for all three peices .

cowboy4x4n

not sure what i can do honestly.  my old chevy i could remove all the gauges and just buy a new aluminum bezel and install the autometers that way.  as far as the gauge components, how can i install them into the factory dash and secure them.  can i use the outer besel or do i need to modify the internals.

JB400

Just make your own.  It'd be a lot simpler.

cowboy4x4n

well if thats the only option or easiest route to go.  does anyone have any step by steps they did to make their own.